I feel like such a fraud...please tell me I'm not the only one.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sclawis300, Mar 11, 2018.

1. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

My watch congratulated me for closing my activity rings the other day, when in reality, I was 2 minutes short on the exercise ring so I waved my arm around in the air while I laid on the couch and watched tv. I don't even know how I live with myself.

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

This is not. You do can cheat Apple Watch using that way. I can double my moving ring by just waving my arms like crazy while standing still.

3. mollyc macrumors 68000

I cheated twice on my stand count yesterday because I was trying to take a nap. I usually don’t do that. But then I ended up with 14/12 so it was okay. :rolleyes:

4. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 68000

Darmok N Jalad

Yeah, I've been there. I had an 80+ day streak going on Move, so there were a few days like that. Then I got sick for several days and couldn't get out of bed. So I guess I'm saying, it may catch up with you! I guess it's still good though, it makes you conscious of your (in?)activity everyday.

In all fairness, there are some things that I do that don't affect the Move ring like they probably should, like push-mowing the yard. I'm usually sweating like crazy, but because my arm is generally at rest on the handle, I don't think it registers Move correctly. Exercise ring likes it though (if you activate a work out).

5. Speechless macrumors 6502a

so you used energy to wave your arms in the air? sounds like exercise to me..:rolleyes:

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I am sure you aren't alone in being lazy and cheating about your health and fitness. Maybe next time you can wave the other arm on the couch while you are watching t.v. and eating Cheetos, to get the last two minutes needed.

7. sclawis300 thread starter macrumors 65816

Cheetos are the worst. That will never happen. It would be a good idea to equally work out the other arm though. You may be on to something. Although seems pointless since the watch isn’t on that wrist.

8. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

I assume that would raise your heart rate quicker, which is one factor contributing to your moving ring.

9. Dopestar macrumors regular

Dopestar

this thread is funny and yes I have also cheated :)

10. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

I feel cheated. The two minutes I read reading this thread and responding. I will never get that back.

11. Klaatu63 macrumors regular

Klaatu63

My wife and I bought  Sport watches. We proceeded to take a real long walk together on the beach. When we compared the activity numbers her watch was showing low numbers. Curious I called , they asked one question, were you holding hands? Problem solved.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

13. rojocrandall macrumors regular

rojocrandall

Live on, and do arm waves/circles, without shame: "On average, you can expect to burn 15 to
    20 calories for every 40 arm circles."

https://woman.thenest.com/burn-calories-doing-arm-circles-22137.html

14. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

I don't purposely cheat, but I often get standing hours while I am sleeping! Makes me wonder if I sleep walk...
    '

15. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 68000

Darmok N Jalad

Next time wave your arm around while you read. ;)

16. sclawis300 thread starter macrumors 65816

17. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

Christ, dude, at least jog in place or do some jumping jacks.

18. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

I normally charge my watch while I sleep. It woke me up in the middle of the night last night (I didn’t charge it last night)...It congratulated me on meeting my Standing goal......I was like WTF?

19. TylerDurden130 macrumors regular

Cheating never wins!! ;) This happened to me last week and it annoyed me.

Attached Files:

20. sclawis300 thread starter macrumors 65816

21. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

This thread is comic gold, thank you. And it’s also full of excellent reminders of why I will never, ever “track my activity” (as that phrase is used by gadget makers).

22. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

You are in good company as I was in a meeting the other day at 50 minutes after the hour, several of us who had iPhones and the AW all looked at our watch at the same time and two of the people, not me, were caught swinging their arm in attempt to fool the AW.

23. MEJHarrison macrumors 65816

I discovered over the weekend that I pick up Move activity while rocking in my rocking chair. I'm fine with it. There is an effort involved in making it rock. Not a lot, but enough. So I'll take the points. Doesn't feel like cheating to me.

24. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

The watch is the ultimate arbiter of what counts as move points, it is the umpire calling balls and strikes. You can set an exercise to cheat those minutes, but you can't cheat the move points. Can't argue balls and strikes.

25. cynics macrumors G4

I try not to "cheat" the system, matter of fact I feel it cheats for me (closing an exercise ring without me exercising). So when I see its "close" unless I actually plan on working out I just ignore it and take it off (if that was my plan).