I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Apple has no choice but to make this right, even though in reality you and I both know this is not a show stopper. Sure a few of you will return the phone and get something else, which I understand..........kind of. But I know the rest of you will work with this phone because it is amazing and well worth it.

I haven't had a single problem with it, once I accepted it's one shortcoming at the moment. Before it was almost like I was challenging it to fail. I knew where not to hold it but I kept doing it anyway, I was just messing with it trying to make it fail. I have a bumper on and it feels great in the hand, I feel semi-secure that I've protected my investment from some possible damage. Maybe not a fatal fall, but it just feels good to have it on there. I've also temporarily remedied the reception issue my hands can cause on this device, they had to have known we all have hands.

(also have a Best Skins Ever for the sides on the way, which will also cushion that seam on the left from my conductive skin)

Can I sit in my low signal bedroom, intentionally cover the left seam and make signal drop. Yup, I made a video on it

I'm actually enjoying this little episode of technology "drama". I'm confident that Apple isn't going to screw this up regardless of what one short email said, which was stupid. I mean if Apple just addressed it professionally I don't think the meda attention would be so negative. Just acknowledge it, don't look shady, people aren't stupid, most anyway. This is like Steve Jobs little baby project isn't it? This whole Iphone thing? He reads the blog sites, he knows what's up, no way is he just going to tell people to hold it differently and only that, maybe that in conjunction with some software patch.

I'm just really curious if any of you are actually concerned that Apple will screw this up, it just doesn't seem like a possible scenario with the amount of attention this has gotten. If they can't resolve this there will be a fairly tarnished Iphone on the market for a year, god help them if they release a revised version in half a year and actually sell it, because that would be the last straw for me.

Anyway, hope you read, if not I know it was long. lol

Just thinking out loud, and then typing it, because I'm bored.

[​IMG]

2. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

If Apple doesn't fix this in my return window I will be returning the iPhone. The fatal fall in the iPHone is the PHONE which is what the device is for.

3. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Any idea what you would get instead?

4. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

I said basically the same thing in another thread.

Bravo!

5. sinsin07 macrumors 68040

Luke on iPone reception problem: I don't believe it
    Yoda: That is why you and this thread fail.

6. Bluehinder macrumors member

+1

7. FMLFMLFML macrumors member

Sure you will. Pics or it didnt happen.

8. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I'm going to be doing the same - although i really really really DONT want to return it. I'm sure there will be a satisfactory fix by then.

It's really a beautiful and incredible phone... but in it's current state I wouldn't be able to actually use it very well and that's a shame.

Everything I've heard points to some sort of fix this week so I'm excited!!!! :cool:

9. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

I am genuinely curious, what are you guys considering as an alternative?

New provider with some Android action, different phone on AT&T?

10. Cambot macrumors regular

I've always had problems with cell phones for a decade so I'm surprised at all these people that have had perfect experiences from other companies and other phones.
    They've improved, call-satisfaction-wise in that decade. Meanwhile, they've packed in crap like 720p video cameras, calendars that sync everywhere I use it, email that is fast and reliable and not some slow web based thing, etc. I'm pretty satisfied that my phone works as well as it does, despite the chances of dropped calls, a trade off for the features I never thought I'd use but absolutely love having now.

As far as I believe, the magic of the airwaves will always have flaws. They always get better.

11. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I'm considering the iPhone 4. I absolutely love it. But, right now, I have a iPod 4. I just wish Apple would make a friggin official response with a great solution attached.

Will screw this up? IHMO, they already screwed this one up. They screwed it up when the very first email came out from Jobs saying "Just hold it differently." And every hour that passes by without one reassuring peep, they're screwing it up even more. The party line being fed to Apple's most loyal consumers up until now has been "it's your fault". Come the frig on! These are customers who sat on their computers for hours and hours trying to preorder this "phone". Then we all freaked out when we found out they were being ready for shipment! And this is what we get? Condescension?

12. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I wish I knew. :confused:

I'd probably just end up with another 3GS. I wish I hadn't sold mine yet.

13. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

The Palm Pre Plus. I've been dissapointed with Android phones. Owned the G1, My Touch, and borrowing the Nexus ONE. I'd try the DROID X if Motorola put a SIM card adapter in it, like the original DROID has.

14. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

15. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Thanks for reminding me about the Palm Pre :)

Played with one a while back and it was pretty nice.

16. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Really? That's surprising, I sold my 3GS and really haven't looked back. What exactly is the reason you guys would return it, the fact that they can't fix it, or that you just simply can't work with not covering that area?

Since getting my phone and freaking out a bit (as you can see in my ****** YouTube video lol) about it the first day, I have had a flawless phone/data experience with this device, I got it the 23rd. The bumper helped quite a bit but I still use it without as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMgSGp-ns3c

I'm really not a fan of Android, but to be fair my experience with Android was on a Droid Eris (my work phone). That phone is painfully slow, especially coming from a 3GS. It was an annoying 2+ weeks without an Iphone.

I'd like to see a nice refined phone for Android, the Nexus One is actually close, then the Incredible. I just find the Evo 4G and Droid/Droid X to be way too big. They feel large and take up a lof of pocket. The Motorola designs aren't my cup of tea.

But people on Android seem to like it big.

The Palm Pre was pretty meh, but the plus looks nice. The hardware though, after coming from an Iphone 4 it feels like a toy a bit doesn't it?

It did after using my 3GS. Did they change much of the housing with the Plus?

I would have to say if I did switch from Iphone and stay with AT&T I'd get a Nexus One, but no. lol

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Really? :confused: Seems to me if one wants an iPhone but cannot deal with the iPhone 4 issues then the 3GS is likely the way to go.

18. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I don't know if it's my location (Boston suburbs), but my iPhone 4 is performing far worse than my 3GS in the same locations no matter how I hold it. In my apartment I lose almost all bars immediately when held - if I touch the corner the signal is gone for good. 3GS received a consistant 3-5 bars in my apartment regardless of how I held it. For me it's not really an issue of "if i touch the corner i'll lose a bar or two", but instead if i touch the corner, the call is dropped, the data is dead, etc.

19. dmelgar macrumors 68000

I ditched AT&T and sold my iPhone before the announce. I had poor coverage everywhere I go and I've become tired of Apple overcontrolling the app store.

I went with the HTC incredible on Verizon. It's great to have 3g coverage everywhere. I forgot what having coverage was like. I've grown to really like Android. It has lots of features that are major improvements over the iPhone, although the polish is missing particularly with the email app.

20. luten macrumors newbie

I am Polish from Warsaw and htc phone sound good but would need polish language - english not so good

21. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

I'd just wait until they fixed it. Or get an android phone to tie me over. Or maybe buy a second hand 3GS.

22. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

As long ad they fix it I don't care, but the criticism will take it's toll on the product. The general public isn't in the "loop"Ike the people at his site from now on it when u mention iPhone 4 people will say doesn't that have bad reception?. But I'll stick with my iPhone 4 because apple will fix what they mess up so I don't care.

23. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah I like the Incredible, good size. Problem is this. If I move away from AT&T, I pay for my own service. Mine is paid for, also it's pretty good in my area. So I stick with AT&T and pick what they have to offer, and happen to love the Iphone UI and designs.

Android is pretty cool, the google nav app is fantastic. Just a different experience, not quite as polished yet.