Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaddict123k

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2001
Palm Harbor, Florida
On my first day of High School. I was having a good day then, I stumbled into Biology 1 Honors, and found what i belive to be, an imac prototype. I read the back and it said: G3 300mhz, 32 mb ram, 4gb hd, A/V in-out ports, 24x cd-rom. It has the same plastic as the imac on the back and top, but it has the plain old beige plastic as the old all-in-one mac on the sides and front. It had prob. mac os8 and maybe a 12 inch monitor. It also had a beige keyboard.

I was wondering if any one else has seen this computer. I will try to get a picture of it.

WindexMonkey

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2001
Minn
G3 All-In-One

Yea i aggree we have a lotta All-In-Ones at my school but they are all for the re..i mean mentally handicapped kids. i always wanted to use one. i wana buy one if they auction em off someday.

igordi

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2001
That was damn interesting

That's pretty funny. I actually thought that the iMac was the first real all-in-one out there. I have so much to learn so I think I'll shut up for a while and just read what you guys say. Very interesting though!

ThlayliTheFierce

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
All-in-one computers have been around for a LOOOOOONNGG time. I remember seeing a competitor to one of IBM's early machines that was an AIO and was "portable" - i.e. it had a handle. And of course the Macintosh classic.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
i notice the imac has a carrying handle, i wouldnt trust it myself cos i wouldnt want to break it under the weight.
i was going to buy a black all in one, i think even those look kool

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
My First Mac

My Fisrt Mac was an all-in-one. A Mac+. It was a cool machine for its time. The hard dirve was external and the OS could boot from a Floppy. B&W screen.

They have been arround for a while

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
tooth

also affectionately known as the tooth

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.