So…it's like this: I was working one night using my then new midd 2011 11" 4GB MBA when I knocked over a glass of wine directly on the keyboard. Yes, I panicked and yes it was a good wine. But I turned the computer off, turned it upside down and left it like that for several days. When I tried to start it, to my amazement, it worked perfectly. I used it for a few hours, turned it off…and could not restart it later. A visit to the Apple repair shop was to know avail: "Fried, toasted, toss it". I laid my little beauty to rest and she slept soundly for four years…until I came across a Youtube video by a chap who washed his computer and resurrected it. Following his instructions, I submerged my MBA in water (the universal solvent), being careful not to submerge the screen, and left it for several hours. I then inverted it for 2 weeks to let it dry and, hey presto, the lovely chime of my reawakened MBA greeted me when I pressed the button! I gleefully used it for the next few hours, turned it off and had sweet dreams. But, the next morning, dead, Nothing. Phooey. I turned it over and saw straight away the issue - white chalky powder in each screw well - I had failed to remove the battery before the bath and it needed replacement. My MBA still worked on power, so I ordered a new battery and felt hopeful that my little gem would soon be her regular self again. Installed a new battery..it charged and worked fine for 2 days. On the 3rd day, the battery overheated to the point that the computer was too hot to touch, though the fan never turned on. I can run the computer on power but must detach the battery. The MBA will not start with the battery connected even if plugged into power. The MBA is performing perfectly with the exception of an update issue which is being addressed via another thread with the kind help of "keysofanxiety". Any ideas what might be wrong?