I get an electical shock from touching the back of my iPod Touch (16GB, 1st Gen)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sief9, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Sief9 macrumors newbie

Am I the only one that this happens to? I'm always scared to touch my ipod (touch, get it? Oh the irony!). My computer is plugged into a 220V plug (It's 220) and it's like 5 years old.

So whats the problem? My ipod? Computer? Outlet?

Any ideas?

2. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

3. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Outlet.... means the power socket doesnt have proper earthing! Shouldnt effect the iPod functioning though! That doesnt mean you shouldnt get it repaired!

4. Sief9 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I figured! Cause it also happens to my digital camera. It's a f**ked up outlet though, it's not supposed to be there, we ran it from an outlet from the other side of the room.

5. rupie94 macrumors member

I have never gotten this problem.
    Strange....
    Maybe it's because it was charged, not like charged with a battery, but charged like the electricity was captured in the back of your iPod Touch which is plausible because the back of your iPod is made out of steel.
    You might contact apple about that their product tried to hurt you, maybe you can get some money or so :D

6. Sief9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, yeah I should sue. But the thing about it is that, it's not like a little buzz, like a vibration kinda thing, it's a full on like 220V shock.

7. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

That should have been your first clue.

8. Jelite macrumors 6502a

You just answered your own question right there.