I get "no service" on T-Mobile sims, unlocked with Ziphone, worked at first

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jabolino, May 24, 2008.

1. jabolino macrumors newbie

This is weird, I unlocked using Ziphone today, it worked like a charm. But I think right after I switched over to airplane mode, and then switched it off, it went to "no service" and hasn't worked since. I get t-mobile sometimes, but emergency only.

I tried restoring and running Ziphone again, I restored and ran iLiberty, but still got that no service.

I keep thinking there's just some stupid setting that changed when I switched over to airplane mode. Can anyone help?

2. PACMAC macrumors regular

PACMAC

so you get t-mobile sometimes...well are you in a good place were you get good covrage?

i have t-mobile and i dont have problems with on/off on airplane mode..

turn off aiplane mode then reboot try that..

3. jabolino thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea tried that, nothing. Wi-Fi works though.

I'm in the same place as I was when it was working, and I had 4 bars. I could call and everything. Then all of a sudden I got no service and I get t-mobile sometimes but it has an E next to it and no bars.

I mean WTF happened? :(

4. PACMAC macrumors regular

PACMAC

could be that service in your area is having a problem or something.. call t-mobile..or ziphone didnt have a good install ..i would recomand you use PWNAGE..

5. jabolino thread starter macrumors newbie

It's definitely not the service, since I have 2 sims that both work in my other phone and they don't this one.

Also last time I did it with iLiberty. But yea I'll try pwnage later on, I don't want to run anything right now I did it 3 times already.

6. PACMAC macrumors regular

PACMAC

yeah i know how it feels to restore/redo..oh when you done with pwn or what ever one you use i reccomand that you dont use the back up when you plug it on itunes ..just start out new..what i do is use the screen shoot capture app to screen shot all my apps/source/edge setting/mms setting..ect..and just import it to my mac and i can just redo all that info..

hope it works out for you:apple:

7. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Aren't little weird problems like these common with ZiPhone?

8. jabolino thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea but I did a complete restore in iTunes and then used iLiberty. Is there something else that Ziphone changes that I need to restore?

9. Neobond macrumors regular

YES! ZiPhone works great when it works, problem is it screws things up about as often as it gives you a perfectly flawless unlock/jailbreak/activate.

It's a roll of this dice with ZiPhone, your chances of messing up your phone are significantly less if you use version 2.5 or earlier.

If you don't like to gamble, PWNAGE has worked for me many times on 3 different phones with no problems... but thats not definitive either.