I got a call from Apple today after sending and email to SJobs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MVApple, Dec 17, 2008.

1. MVApple macrumors 6502a

Basically, I wrote them saying that I was disappointed in the screens found in the Macbooks and that the Macbook Air screen should be in the Macbooks. I told them that I bought a Macbook Pro simply because the screen was so much nicer but that I didn't really need the extra power it carries. I also said I would like to see a new Mighty Mouse that was ergonomic.

I really wasn't expecting any response but I was hoping someone would read it and note that customers want better screens in the Macbooks.

Well I got a call from Apple saying they appreciate the feedback and that they are a feedback driven company. The person who called me gave me their contact information in case I had any other concerns too.

It's nice knowing that those types of emails are read and that Apple is really listening, kudos to them.

2. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

A little customer responsiveness in a personal way, goes a long way.

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

then can you call them back and tell them about FW :D

4. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Haha, along with all the other problems they have. But nice story.

5. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Well, that's awesome.
    You should hook us up with the number!
    Please. :D

6. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

That's pretty cool that they bothered to respond.

7. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

"I told them that I bought a Macbook Pro simply because the screen was so much nicer but that I didn't really need the extra power it carries."
    Well I will be willing to bet a bunch of cash that that is the reason the MacBook screen sucks :p

8. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Hah that's exactly what I was thinking. Your call confirmed that their strategy to upsell you the Macbook Pro worked exactly as planned :)

9. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

you bought the laptop because it was nice yet you didn't need the extra power?!?:confused:

uh, why didn't you buy the Air instead then if it has the screen and prolly the appropriate amount of power that you need? the logic of the statement is lost on me.

10. MVApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

The screen on the Macbook Pro is a 15" and the one on the air is a 13", and the screen on the Macbook Pro is still much nicer and higher resolution. On top of this the difference between the Air and the Macbook Pro is only $200 dollars. Also the Macbook Pro has an internal drive which I like.

When you factor in the nicer screen, the internal drive, the extra power (which I don't need but will probably find useful in the future with Snow Leopard), the larger hard drive which I do want, then I think the $200 increase for the Pro makes A LOT of sense.

The only reason to get the air would be if I wanted a computer that was 3lbs which I understand some people may want/need but the 5.5lbs that the Macbook Pro weighs is perfectly fine to me.

Your logic doesn't make sense to me :confused:

11. Shawnstra macrumors regular

now we know that he does not personally respond to the emails :rolleyes:

12. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I bet that was the happiest email they received in the past month. Seeing a consumer purchase a "pro" machine at such a premium simply because it had a better screen. Now they have even less incentive to put a better screen in the MB :rolleyes:
    Capitalism FTW! ;)

13. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

So did they actually give you a good reason why the MB screen is crap, or did they just listen... "ummm..ahhh..ya....yup...thank you for you concerm hope you enjoy your MBP"

Actually the MBA has the best screen out of all of them right now, though glossy it is much more usable then a MBP Glassbook.

If you want to speak to someone at apple the quickest way is to write an e-mail to S Jobs, they will contact you back, this has happened to me also.

14. nph macrumors 6502a

So, any response about the screen on the Macbook air? What they plan to do or whether get back to you at all?

15. MVApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

No they didn't say anything about the screen itself. They just said they appreciate the feedback. I haven't been in the Mac camp for very long but I've never seen Apple announce their intentions on hardware before. They are after all a very secretive company.

16. lordthistle macrumors 6502

They don't know? I think that no one in the world considers the MB screen as a very good one. They will notice that the people want a better screen when MB sales drop.

But they won't, because of OS X license.

Now I will follow your example and write them that I hate their design and hardware and that I only buy it because I want to use OS X. Since I am not the only one with such a desire I will make them notice that many users want them to modify the OS X license. Do you think they will notice that they are selling all these computers because people only want OS X? :)

thistle

17. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Ha ha, I wish Apple would consider that when you tell them BUT unfortunately their Mac sales would prove you wrong. Even in the lowest economical times Apple's computers have been flying off the shelves. Rather it's OS X or the Mac design they are making money so they ain't gonna change the formula if it's working.

18. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

I found it interesting that you bought the MBP over the MB because of the better screen with higher resolution, and you said the MB should have had the MBAir screen, which still would not have been good enough for you... so you ended up buying a laptop that had more power than you needed... right?

So, you ended up with the only laptop computer you could have bought, based on your requirements of higher resolution, higher quality screen/internal drive, etc. I'm not sure what the point of telling Apple that the MB should have had the same display as the Air, since you wouldn't have bought a MB anyway due to the smaller, lesser resolution 13" screen compared to the MBP... Ordinarily, I'd be a bit confused here at what exactly your issue was, since you got what you wanted... right?

19. lordthistle macrumors 6502

eheh
    Computers, in general, are flying off the shelves. I would love to see what would happen to mac sales if os x could be installed on 500 euro pc notebooks. I wish I could see that day. :)

20. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

It worked on me :rolleyes: I returned a MacBook and exchanged it for a MacBook Pro for the same reason.

21. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

In a few posts here, "better resolution" has almost been used to imply better quality, as if we should think that the higher resolution screens are of a greater quality.

Resolution numbers primarily describe horizontal vs. vertical pixels. When pixel size and density are constant, it simply means how large the screen is, not how good it looks. Most of us have seen a ton of crappy, higher resolution screens.

Anyway, just something that was bugging me...:rolleyes:

22. MVApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

:rolleyes:

When did I say the Macbook Air screen was not good enough for me? Never. Stop making up things. I said that the Macbook Pro screen is better than the Macbook Air screen, that does not mean the Macbook Air screen isn't good enough for me because it is and is precisely the reason I emailed Apple saying the Macbook Air screen should be in the Macbook's.

If you don't know what my issue is then here it is summed up simply for you.

"I want the quality of the Macbook Pro screen in the Macbook."

And yes I am happy with my purchase, I don't regret it one bit but I think Apple should have a lower end notebook with a nice screen to compete with similiarly priced Windows notebooks that have better screens at the same price point.