I got a fever, and the only prescription...is a 4G iPhone 5!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by haddman, Jan 6, 2011.

1. haddman macrumors regular

Dang...I got 4G fever with the AT&T announcement about their HSPA+ and LTE network roll-outs. Not to mention 3 sweet looking 4G Android phones getting ready to launch including the dual core Moto Arix. If the the iPhone 5 is not at least capable of HSPA+ I'm going to be pissed!!!

I have a feeling that the next iphone 5 will be HSPA+ capable on AT&T and CDMA only on verizon, with LTE not supported until 2012. So technically AT&T can say they have a 4G iphone first. I hoping it will be HSPA+ and LTE though. Just my theory on it for what it's worth...which is absolutley ZERO!! :D

2. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

3. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

4. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

iPhone4 is HSUPA from beginning. We talk about 3.5G do we?

5. kre62 macrumors 68000

Still not HSPA+, which has been reclassified as 4G by the ITU. Tmobile pulled a 30mbps download at its keynote today using 42meg HSPA+. Thats 3x faster then current LTE on verizon.

Im all about a 4G T-Mobile iphone after seeing that.

6. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

Oh well, that sounds impressive, but coverage will be terrible in the beginning, as every time it is. To expand your bandwidth the carriers have to increase the cell density and even here (in Germany) you have a lot of black spots with no signal and city districts with bad signal...

I doubt the real 4G is here before 2013. But I have a nice wifi coverage at most of the places I work so it does not really affect me. I will pass the 2011 iPhone and wait what the Rumors say in 2012.

7. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

That was a real original response bro.