I got a new job and want some new toys, plus it's my birthday

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by urweirdmister, Apr 20, 2012.

1. urweirdmister macrumors newbie

I'm looking to spoil myself a little bit haha. I have the new iPad, iPhone 4S as well as an old white macbook. I will eventually replace the macbook for a new one, but I've been playing the waiting game (that's a whole nother discussion topic for another day). As far as accessories go, I don't have much of anything for my phone or iPad and I was hoping you guys could give me some ideas. I plan on posting the same discussion elsewhere, like 9to5, but thought I would get as many opinions as possible. Anyways, I have an otterbox on my iPhone which I like, but its the second one I've had, as the 1st one broke. Nothing for the iPad so far. No covers or anything.

I Want:

A dock compatible with my iPhone AND iPad, preferably with airplay, but I don't care that much. I'm currently looking at the JBL OnBeat Xtreme, I have heard really good things and previously owned a JBL dock that I liked and used quite a bit.

Headphones that aren't Dre Beats. I'm not knocking them, they're decent and I bought a pair for both of my sisters so I know how they can perform, I'm just not that into them. I was looking at a new pair of AKG headphones that look great and heard that there might be some offerings from Harman Kardon soon, so I might hold out for something if it's near release.

I need:

Pretty sure I should get some sort of protection for my iPad. I usually keep it in a slip cover for my macbook and keep it in my backpack when its not in use, or if I'm at work. That works fine for now, but I think i want some sort of cover that I can prop it up with to watch movies on planes, trains or long car rides. I was looking at the Incase Origami sleeve, thought it looked pretty cool.

So, I know I wrote kind of a lot but I was just looking for some opinions of products you own or have heard good things about. Thanks for any input!

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

3. urweirdmister thread starter macrumors newbie

nice

but if I were to buy a new phone I think I would go with either a galaxy nexus or the new HTC One X, rather than a droid.