I got a new MBP 15'', how do I use it the best with my monitor, mouse and keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alisamix, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Alisamix macrumors member

Hi!

I bought the new MBP Retina 15'' 750m Base Model, and I got a Full HD Display with a DVI/HDMI connection, and a USB mouse/keyboard, both from Razer.

Id love to attach the MBP to my external gear, but I have the following problems:

- When I connect it with HDMI to the Display, it is really blurry and not perfectly scaled. I think it is because the HDMI of the MBP is intended for TVs. It works perfectly on a 720p TV.

- Also, I need some kind of "switch", and this is my main problem: There are several switches to change from one PC to another, but there is none that offers mini Displayport and USB ports for the first PC and DVI and USB ports for the second PC.

How can I make this work?

2. Mac.User macrumors 6502

3. sabbyp macrumors regular

use the mbp's display settings to change the resolution of your hdmi connected tv.

if it's still blurry at the optimum resolution, the 'hd ready' tv you have is likely only 720p, and will look terrible.

4. Alisamix thread starter macrumors member

I dont want it to be connected to the TV, I just tested it there, and it works PERFECTLY on the HD-Ready TV, which is 720p.

But it does not work well when I connect my MBP with my 1080p Computer Display, it seems blurry and out of focus. A lot of people have complained about this if you google for it, and I didnt found a solution yet. I think I will get a Mini Displayport to DVI adapter and try that.

Still, does anyone have an idea what kind of switching system I could use?