I got my MacBook Pro [Pics inside]

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xDeathReaperx, Jul 19, 2010.

1. xDeathReaperx macrumors regular

Edit: If a Moderator can please insert my picture in this thread that would be great! :] Here is the direct link to the pic = http://tinypic.com/m/azjar5/2

First off I would like to thanks MacRumors.com on helping me make the right decision for a laptop. I honestly have been in the Market for nearly 3 years. (No Joke) I felt like now was the time to buy. So Thank you guys!

Oh and I bought the top of the line 15inch MacBook pro. So look it up on Apple.com if you wants specs.

Pics:

[​IMG]

Sorry it's only 1 pic, Im to busy setting everything up/installing software. :) :)

Thanks once again guys! Farewell. You may not see me around here for a while now that I have my Mac.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

...or pictures. No offense, but why would you even bother posting pictures? They're the exact same thing that every other set of "unboxing photos" shows.

3. xDeathReaperx thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, I didn't expect a response like that. :/

4. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

There are jerks everywhere. I almost wet myself the day I bought my 13" MBP. I had saved up for it and the day I bought it, I was so happy... I told a friend and he said 'So what. I bought a StarBucks today and I'm so happy I coudl taze myself!'

I got the message and did my Carlton dance in private that evening (after going to the bathroom)...

5. mr miyagi macrumors member

Just ignore miles01110 that comment was uncalled for. I am glad you are happy with your MBP DeathReaper. I got my first MBP about 4 months ago and I love it. It is my 2nd ever mac, my first one was a mac mini. I am glad your happy with your purchase and I am sure you will have great times with your MBP :)

6. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

It is a very exciting day that one gets to by a Macbook Pro. Congrats and enjoy your new best friend.

7. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

The thing is this a MBP forum so for most people this is a 'been there, done that' thing.

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Actually I'm just genuinely curious about the unboxing photo phenomena. The 13" MBP is what... over a year old by now? What is interesting about a set of unboxing photos at this point?

btw, if you're going to post unboxing photos, consider doing it in the Picture Gallery or in this thread.

9. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

He is just trying to say thank you for helping him out with information over the last 3 years. He is saying that we helped him pick out this MBP. Its not hard buddy. Also, if he is happy enough to take time and post about it, then let him. How many people waste our time on here starting threads about winning topics that we don't want to hear about. I say good for the OP. He didn't make you read his post or even go comment on it.

BTW he got a 15" not a 13"

10. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

11. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

xDeathReaperx congrats on your purchase! :) And no need to leave now that you have your Mac... the forums can be just as enjoyable whether your looking to purchase or not. At the very least, I'm sure other members who might be looking to buy a Mac could benefit from your recent purchasing experience. :)

It might not be your cup of tea, but it's a long standing "tradition" at MacRumors, and one that many members enjoy. If you're not interested, you're not required to participate in such threads. Why rain on someone else's parade?

12. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No, it's not. I don't see how I contradicted any of those statements. Please point out where I did so.

It's not my place to dictate who posts what. I never made that claim either.

I don't think I ever said that, either. Are you ready to stop tilting at windmills, or do you want to keep taking shots in the dark?

Question still stands, btw. Unboxing photos- explain the appeal. Anyone?

13. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

I'm not tilting at windmills, I'm reading between your lines and have nailed it. LOL

14. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

With a new product, you get a flesh-and-blood average Joe's opinion and pictures of it. Even with an old product, you may see a photo that shows a different angle that piques your interest or helps people still deciding.

On top of that, unboxing photos are a user's way to express their joy in getting a new product. It's a lot less annoying than the complaining and ill-informed posts we normally get.

15. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

in the head

16. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Congratulations on your purchase, it looks great and I am sure you will enjoy it tremendously. I love reading about people experiences. But I guess I am a fanboy and have ben so for the last 11 years. I love the feeling of opening the box and holding my new toy.

17. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You don't have to be a jerk. :)

Congrats with the new Macbook Pro! I just got my 13'' two days ago but I didn't bother taking pictures because I was much excited.

By the way, there's a thread called I recently purchased/ordered/received my new Macbook Pro, so I think that is where this should have been.

18. Shadow Zujed macrumors member

Congrats on your new Mac! I am ordering mine later this week.

And Miles, are you always this miserable in real life?

19. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Roflol. Owned.

20. nesuser2 macrumors 6502

nesuser2

congrats man, i'm jealous but i like my mac's used. I'd rather somebody else put that first grease print on it. they just look too nice when they're new! Nothing like the feeling of unboxing a new mac......new new or new to you, it's all the same!

21. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

yeah, congratulations to the OP - enjoy your new computer! :)

You'll be back here soon enough. :p

22. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No, I'm usually ordering around the proles so they don't hurt themselves.

There's nothing wrong with unboxing pictures (I guess), but I maintain that they're a) unoriginal, b) a sign of misplaced priorities, and c) a cry for attention.

23. xDeathReaperx thread starter macrumors regular

Wow! What a response! Oh and forget about that "You won't see me around here for a while" I will continue to post threads if I'm confused with something. :]

Good thing I bought One-to-One I hope it's helpful.

-James

24. Craiglorocks macrumors member

Don't let some of the guys around here discourage you, when I finally switched over to Mac and got my first 13" MacBook it was very exciting. I told everyone I knew. Enjoy your toy. They are wonderful computers.

25. StayWhatYouAre macrumors newbie

:)

Congrats - always a great feeling.

btw what version and size of HP monitor is that one ? like the look of it.

Thanks !!! :)