I got serial number of iphone but doesnt say correct of incorrect >.> help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jinjac, May 19, 2008.

1. jinjac macrumors newbie

hi i going to buy iphone from seller in china but he gave me 87810JR7WH8 serial number.. i check on https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
    it doesn't show up any warranty or incorrect..
    i think serial are correct but i enter number and put every single country on the list it just say inactive
    can someone tell me how can i active it or tell me it is fake iphone? :eek:
    thanks for helping :)

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Use your brain and walk from the deal, there's iPhones for sale all over the place, there's no need to chance it.

3. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

4. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

That page is for people who have registered their phones. That's the only way you'd get a response as to how much warranty is left on it. An unsold device hasn't had a warranty period started yet.

Regardless, as everyone above has said, this is something you should avoid. If you run into a problem it's going to go badly for you very quickly.

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

No. For Apple, as soon as you buy something, the serial number is updated with the date you purchased the item.

This was the case when I bought my MacBook. When I got home, I put it in, just for fun, and it said that I bought it that day.

6. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Think about what you're saying and then re-read the original post. This is not a legitimate sales channel. The person is in China. He's not buying it from Apple. What you're saying is true... if it were a dealer/corporate sales channel.