i got the downloaded the 8.0 update and my music in my library went bye-bye.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kkatyboo, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Kkatyboo macrumors member

Title is pretty self explanatory...

But I just got the 8.0 update, and then after restarting the computer ... the music in my library disappeared...

:confused: Great. Now what? Do I contact apple? Or do i have to sync all the songs back onto my ipod into my library again... I also dont think all the songs in myl ibrary were on my ipod.

):

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Windows? Go to my documents/my music/itunes, $100 says its all still there, just not in itunes. Mac, not sure how to do it.

Guarantee you your music is safe though

3. Kkatyboo thread starter macrumors member

4. sgtboy macrumors 6502

5. Kkatyboo thread starter macrumors member

hmmm... so the songs went back on... but then i closed itunes again, and they disappeared AGAIN. So I put them back on AGAIN and is there anyway to make sure they'll actually stay on this time?

6. Kkatyboo thread starter macrumors member

OKAY... Now I am getting pretty ticked.

In order for my library to disappear, i dont even have to close itunes! I just "exit" out of my library, like by going to look at the store, and I go back to my library and the songs are gone again, except for the one that was playing! I dont understand this. Maybe it has to do with the upgrade I just got?

7. Kkatyboo thread starter macrumors member

8. whiteness macrumors member

9. Kkatyboo thread starter macrumors member

okay.... I think itunes fixed itself somehow. Because its stopped getting rid of my library now.

hopefully i didnt jynx it