iPad Pro I got the iPad Pro 11 inc, why can't I download macOS softwares

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ginofresh, May 2, 2019.

1. ginofresh macrumors regular

ginofresh

so I love my iPad so much, it just small and easy to use much more easier then my 15 inc Macbook pro. I just hate that I can't make it my full time computer, as my work need software that only works on macOS or windows... I hope apple one day will let us download stuff beside just from the App Store! this is the prefect computer on the go!

2. ericwn macrumors 68020

Usually software has to be compatible and has to be developed specifically for one operating system in order to work there. Mac apps don’t work on Windows and vice versa. Not being able to run macOS apps shouldn’t surprise anyone.

You should contact the software developers however and ask them when a dedicated iOS version will be available.

3. ginofresh thread starter macrumors regular

ginofresh

I am not shock by it, I just wish it was kinda like a surface where all apps that work on it.

4. ericwn macrumors 68020

A surface only runs windows apps. It’s the same principle but offers some tablet functionality as part of the os.

5. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

6. AutomaticApple macrumors 65816

AutomaticApple

Seems like it.

7. Kal-037 macrumors 68000

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I'll add to the joke with a ridiculous statement: You cannot put MacOS programs on iPads... Because science. ;) jk.

8. masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

Marzipan should eventually enable cross-platform apps between macOS and iOS. Some way to go though.

9. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

Can’t you set up a virtual machine or something so you can access your Mac from your iPad?

I used to do that on my iPad 1G and could use Windows over the internet. 10 years on that should be even easier.

Obviously its purpose was to have me covered during emergencies but you could run PC software, technically.

10. pshufd macrumors 6502a

That's called remote desktop.