I guarantee the 5.5" iPhone doesn't launch with the 4.7"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
We've had multiple videos of a fully assembled 4.7" already but are still only getting specific parts of the 5.5"

Look for a late October launch of the 5.5"

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
We've had multiple videos of a fully assembled 4.7" already but are still only getting specific parts of the 5.5"

Who are you?
What is your *guarantee* worth?
Why do we care?

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
I just hope the 5.5" takes a lot of sales from the 4.7" so I don't have to play the usual games trying to get a new phone.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
I counter-guarantee and I say that it does launch together like I have been saying since July.

The 5.5 was either going to be delayed until next release, or it releases with the same or similar availability to, and at the same time as the 4.7.

The idea of a segmented roll-out is simply too unprofessional to sync with the Apple marketing image strategy; if going by nothing else.

Im surprised that MacRumors and other sites kept throwing that caveat in there about it "potentially being released a few months after."

As we can see from the latest rumors the 5.5 is going to be released alongside. Surely we know now that it does exist and IMO there was no chance they would have had such a sloppy fragmented release.

Allow myself to quote myself from July 18th:

I don't think they will release two phones a few months apart from each other.

They either both come out later this year, if the 5.5 is still on the radar, or they release it next year on the S cycle, if ever.

From the very beginning when people were saying the assumption is the 5.5 will come a few weeks or months later was completely illogical knowing Apple first of all, and second of all it makes no sense because everyone would hesitate to buy the 4.7 and be confused.

Whatever the rumors indicated doesn't matter because Apple would never do that and is unprecedented.

This is the worst news since they dropped the 17inch MBP.

Last edited:

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Apple wants to beat that 10 million units in a weekend... their shareholders are expecting it. 5.5" will launch with the 4.7"

:apple:

Gryfter

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
why is there always people who feel the need to guarantee stuff they know nothing about and in no way are they even remotely involved in...

FrankySavvy

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
Either.

A) Apple releases the 4.7 and 5.5" at the same time! However shipment times online for the 5.5" will slip quickly to 3 to 4 weeks to 4 to 6 weeks and just like the Gold iPhone 5S, supplies will be crazy limited the first couple of months in stores.

B) The 5.5" is just a prototype, Apple has been experimenting with.

IMO - I am still not sold Apple will release an 5.5" iPhone. With the whole one-handed use they marketed up during the iPhone 5 launch. The 5.5" inch is hardly a single handed phone. Perhaps they are still thinking about it/experimenting or tweaking. I am surprized we haven't seen the purported front display glass or did I just miss it.

I would love for the variety of both the 4.7" and 5.5", but please Apple for the love of all that is holy. Do not add features to the 5.5" that the 4.7" doesn't have. I believe that the 5.5" has more of a niche market for iPhone users.

What does everyone else think?

EDIT: The Galaxy Note 4 was just released.......hmmm. Interesting ;)

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
why is there always people who feel the need to guarantee stuff they know nothing about and in no way are they even remotely involved in...
Because on the off chance that their opinion turns out to be correct, they can return and boast, thereby boosting their self-esteem.

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008

That's weak, you can't guarantee anything. just another speculator with an opinion just like everybody else.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can (almost) guarantee that there will be at least some trying to make those types of "guarantees".

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Still no fully assembled leaks and it's being announced in less then a week

Looks like I'm right

Status
Not open for further replies.