I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Mar 23, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

http://time.com/4710456/donald-trump-time-interview-truth-falsehood/

It's like reading answers from a 3rd grader trying to make excuses. . No offense to third graders intended.

Oh - and President Trump - no the COUNTRY is not buying your lies. As indicated by many many polls and your approval rating. There ARE people who believe everything you tweet. But that's just sad.

2. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

To be fair, I mean, becoming a president of the United States is pretty difficult. It's a real success whether you like him or not.

3. niploteksi macrumors regular

Yes, that's what I think as well, but some of the things he got away with saying during his campaign makes me think it's not so difficult. The difficult part is to get famous and have money. Donald Trump is famous and he has money.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

meh, even community organizers who go on to wage endless war & get away with war crimes can be president...........

5. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

The title "I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not" seems like the kind of argument you'd get from a junior high class president...

6. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

But it's also true, is it not? Even if he gets impeached he is still more successful than either of us by just about any measure. Don't really like him but getting elected president is what it is: a gigantic achievement.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I prefer Sams third grader comments :D

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Did you actually read the interview? He's an embarrassment. His achievements pale in comparison.

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Or it shows you just how bad the other side was in that given election.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

love the fact she lost :D
    comparison to who?

11. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

No it doesn't. He could walk around naked or something and eat **** and he's still more successful by being elected president than anybody on this forum.

12. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Good reason to restrict the role of the federal government, the executive branch specifically. Trump just puts the punctuation mark on that line of thought.

13. niploteksi macrumors regular

Well I don't really have anything interesting to say about "the other side". I think Bernie Sanders come off as a pretty decent guy. Hillary Clinton I have really no knowledge about. She seems to be more collected than Trump and speaks in coherent sentences. As for the other Republicans I wouldn't even begin to pretend I have a clue :) .

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

democrats had no problem with the executive branch getting all the power they wished.

15. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

I agree. The hard part is that this sentiment roughly depends on who is in office. When Obama was expanding these powers, and he did, Democrats were cheering it on while Republicans were denouncing it. Now that the ball is in the other team's court the roles have reversed. Americans need to start coming together around this stuff and use their brains.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Karma decided Hillary should feel just like Bernie did :D

17. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Success is a relative metric. Perhaps your definition of success includes someone like Trump. I will agree that he has had success. And becoming President is an ACHIEVEMENT. But I know people on this forum and in my life that I consider far more successful overall than Trump. YMMV

18. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Trump's comment seemed to indicate that he isn't doing so badly in this moment simply by virtue of currently being the president, which is absurd.

Yes, everything he has accomplished to this point is light years beyond what most of us here could and will do, but if he went insane this afternoon, he would be doing very very badly, as he would put it.

19. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

if it's so easy, why aren't you president? :p
    lol........but seriously he doesn't need to prove your point by walking around naked :eek:

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

cause I am not legal...........

[​IMG]

21. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

It is an achievement, but he can't use that as a comparison between you and I because we didn't run for president. That pool is about the handful of republican candidates he debated against and Hillary.

22. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

that's NOT an excuse! :p

23. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Some posters are getting caught up in the thread title. Which is my fault. Read the article though. It's about Trump's inability to distinguish fact from fiction nor admit he's ever wrong.

24. poloponies macrumors 68030

If you haven't yet figured it out, we all lost.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

GOOD, we deserve the crap we elect & then some. sad thing is we will not learn from this.