I guess I'm in the minority, but no one I know has ever returned an Apple product.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamesryanbell, May 15, 2009.

1. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

I'm in the music business for a living, and basically everyone I know uses Macs (either alongside a PC, or exclusively). I've never known *anyone* who's gotten a single faulty product. I've even gone out of my way to ask when I talk to various engineers that I know, musicians, producers, etc. Not one has received a less-than-stellar product upon arrival. In fact, I've only talked to one person that's had *any* issue, and it was an 8600GT issue. Reading this forum, you'd think it was everyday (because people usually post when something's wrong, not when something's right). Both of my Macs (one of which - the MBP on which I'm typing this message - was a refurb) have been aesthetically perfect, and I've had zero software/hardware issues, battery issues, etc. All three iPods - perfect. Both iPhones - perfect. I'm very happy with the quality of their products.

Anyone else out there that's never had a bad product from Apple?

2. throttlemeister macrumors 6502a

Forums will always display a disproportionate amount of people that are unhappy for whatever reason. Reason is simple: if you are unhappy, you will want to find a way to make it right. If you are happy, there is no reason to to talk about it. It's usually the vocal unhappy minority versus the quiet happy majority.

3. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

ive never had a problem with any of my macs or iphone. they have all been stellar.

4. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

This. But then, I had more problems with the last gen of MBPs than the rest of my previous Apple products combined. Not just cosmetic issues like screens or alignment (that too) but things just quit working (trackpad button, DVD drive).

5. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

This year has been a first for Macs for me, been a hardcore PC user for years. Just got my UMBP last month, bought it used on eBay for a killer dealer, and other than a few minor aesthetic flaws its been perfect. A good friend of mine has owned most MBP revisions except for the unibody and he has never had a problem.

My 3g I've had since release and it's been superb other than cracks in the casing which I ended up replacing my self. That opened up a few problems in and of itself but that was my fault and certainly not Apple's.

In short I couldn't be happier with Apple.

6. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

:D me too

7. jamest71 macrumors member

I wish I could say the same about my companies experience with iMacs. Every 17" white iMac died. Several of the white 20" iMacs died. Mostly logic board issues. I haven't seen any problems with the newer 20" iMacs. We've had several Mac Pro's have bad logic boards or bad ram. One of our project coordinators bought a MacBook pro and didn't find out until months later the DVD drive wouldn't burn discs. It read them but wouldn't burn a thing. I work for a desktop publisher and there are about 35 OSX and about 30 OS9 machines. The newer intel machines have had a better success rate then the older ones. The 17" white iMacs were like xbox360's just waiting to die. I still prefer my MAC over my HP MS Virus(vista) laptop anyday!

8. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

But think about it this way. The people you know is probably no more than 50 or maybe even a 100 people that you know whom has never returned an apple product.

Compare that to a 100 million people that has bought a mac throughout history thats out there.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

None of the my friends are very picky; if the lid is crooked, they will live with it knowing in a few years, they will replace the machine with another; I've always complained about the smallest things, wasting a lot of valuable time—only recently have I started embracing the "live with it" behavior—it has freed up valuable time and energy for better things like actually making more money to replace these computers faster.