Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Incorrect. You do know there have been lots of Android and Lumia phones with curved displays? You think there aren't any screen protectors for them. I happen to have a couple of curved displays. Wet application is usually the best option though.

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Wet skin for the back, but I'm going to wait for a tempered glass screen protector with curved edges. If cars can have curved glass windshields, these guys will will push the limits for a quick buck. ;) Sent from my iPad.

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
Incorrect. You do know there have been lots of Android and Lumia phones with curved displays? You think there aren't any screen protectors for them. I happen to have a couple of curved displays. Wet application is usually the best option though.

Where did anyone state a screen protector wouldn't exist? It will just be more obvious to the touch (and possibly to see), and will also have the possibility of easier unwanted lifting.

----------

Sweet thread! Awesome story!

Are you here on Macrumors to discuss or just to try to make every thread seem worthless? It was just an observation.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Where did anyone state a screen protector wouldn't exist? It will just be more obvious to the touch (and possibly to see), and will also have the possibility of easier unwanted lifting.

You might think that would be the case, and maybe it is with cheap screen protectors, but I have one on my Lumia 925 and unless you look very close, you can't even tell it is there, plus it feels like glass. And there is no lifting either.
You just have to buy a quality one and know how to apply via wet application. Patience is key. As is a bit of blue masking tape.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.