I guess the dev team has a copy of 3.0 and said they will be able to jailbreak it ..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lillybeth, Mar 18, 2009.

1. lillybeth macrumors member

i read on another site. xsellize that they have a copy and will be able to jailbreak it.. i am happy because now with the new firmware and new iphone to be out i wonder what crazy features the new jailbreak will have hahah

JAILBREAK FOREVER

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Excellent....

I'd be more excited if it was actually posted on their site.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

It sort of is

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/87410307/itchy-update-fingers

4. Oliver.m macrumors regular

Oliver.m

From what i understood they are able to jailbreak it already. It's just that yellowsn0w won't work with 3.0.

Am i getting this right?

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

yellowsn0w uses a bug in the baseband. The 3.0 update includes an update for the baseband which sounds like it currently breaks yellowsn0w. So if you use the update from apple you will lose the ability to use yellowsn0w.

They will be updating the pwnage tool software to create custom iPhone firmware files that enables the update without updating the baseband and thus preserves yellowsn0w.

At least that is what their statement means, if they (can) actually do it is another matter.

6. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I'm willing to say, no. Hell, the beta just released. They can't jailbreak what isn't out yet.

7. bradenwh macrumors 6502

The beta "just released," but they can't jailbreak what "isn't out yet." Am I the only one that misses the contradictions?
    They jailbroke early betas of 2.0 last year, so why wouldn't they do it again? Especially with the amazing new features.

And yes, they can jailbreak it. The iPhones have a HARDWARE exploit. Which means no matter what firmware Apple throws at them, it's jailbreakable. They just have to figure out how to use the exploit in the new firmware.
    It's only a matter of time.

8. Oliver.m macrumors regular

Oliver.m

Right ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

9. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

As of now 3.0:
    jailbreak - yes (same exploit from previous versions)
    unlock - no (new baseband)

10. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

If you're so smart, you shouldn't need my response spelled out. The beta is OUT, the final release ISN'T. Whose to say what the devs break now will be the same in June when the final release comes out, hence.

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Because you can't rewrite the entire OS

1. in three months.
    2. as the entire SDK would need redone and all prerelease developer work would be rendered moot.

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

So for AT&T users (no unlocking need), there's really no reason NOT to update.

Has anybody done it yet? (jailbroken 3.0 I mean)

13. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I'm sure the dev team has, since they have said that the hole is still there. As for someone who just paid $99, I don't know. I don't think I would pay that money and then just jailbreak right away. Kind of defeats the purpose of jailbreaking.

14. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

:confused:

How's that?

15. Dark.Rising macrumors newbie

Has the development team found a way to put 3.0 on touch 2g without having SDK?

16. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

17. Dark.Rising macrumors newbie

I mean without you being on the developers programme, so you can use the firmware without paying the $99

18. zander271 macrumors member

most of the new features I Jailbroke for are being added into 3.0. Now I'll just have to jailbreak for winterboard.

19. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

And for "free" tethering of course :)

I believe the dev team said from the very beginning that all future firmwares would be jailbreak-able due to certain hardware (or software, can't remember) flaws of the 2G and 3G iPhones.

I have a copy of 3.0, (through legit means of course, otherwise it would be pointless) but i am extremely hesitant about erasing my current jailbreak setup and upgrading my baseband permanently, just in case I do decide to leave AT&T in a little over a year from now. I think i'll wait a week or so and see what the other early adopters have to say about the beta...and if i do go through with it, i'll post my own findings and first-hand experiences at a later date.

Also, please do not PM me asking for a copy of 3.0, because if you have to ask for it, it probably means you aren't supposed to have it. ;)

20. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Sorry, I was referring to the guy that quoted me, heh.

Well you can get someone to add your UUID to the list so that it can activate in iTunes. But getting someone to do that will cost $$ other than that, no.

21. zander271 macrumors member

o thats true..tethering will prob not be free