I guess there are really no gold ones....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by campingsk8er, Sep 19, 2013.

1. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

Okay, so here's the deal and take it for what it's worth. I'm at the Apple Store now (have been since 6pm EST) and I'm the first in "line." After a little bit of being here, I decided to have my friend save our spot while I would go inside the store (inside a mall) to scope things out. While inside I decided to go into apple and see what they thought. I asked them whether or not it's best to wait outside and stay there until they let us in at 7am, or wait inside and then shift to outside when the mall closes. He said he really doesn't know. Anyway, as I was about to leave, the guy I talked to asked me which one I was looking to get and I said 32GB Gold, Verizon. He then had a worried look on his face and he told me that it doesn't seem likely that they will have any gold ones for the launch, but that it could still change. He said he was saying this because he doesn't want to see somebody wait for 14 hours and not even get the one they want.

So what do you, do you think this could actually be the case? If there was not a single gold one now, is it even possible for them to receive another shipment between now and by the time the store opens at 8am?

2. asaeta macrumors member

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe most Apple stores get several shipments a day during launch periods. If that's the case, they could very well end up getting some gold iPhones before the store opens tomorrow morning. Good luck! Cheering for you.

3. mdsniper7 macrumors newbie

oh man

dang dude that will suck if you wait for nothing, but on a good note they will prolly have black so you can get a manly color at least. lol:)

4. cmjars macrumors 6502

I think you are going to wait for nothing if Gold is all you want. Better to go home and place an order online.

5. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

I just left an att store just now, the manager showed me an email that was sent from corp to all their store, no gold iPhone in store, AT&T or Apple store, Iive in the Tampa area. If you want gold, order online. Don't bother going to the store if you live in my area.