I had enough of the dongle and gave in.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Steve.P.JobsFan, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

image.jpg

Damn you, Apple. I told myself when ordering this phone, I'd live with the dongle.

But holy hell, is it annoying.

Did anybody else give in and buy BT headphones with their 7, or is it just me?

2. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Got a pair of QC35's arriving in the next day or so myself ;)

iPhone is nowhere to be seen though.

3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Bought some wireless headphones and will get the air pods too when out

Doubt I use wired ever again

4. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I already have a pair of LG Tones, but still mostly just use the EarPods that came with my phone. It's nice that they still work on my iPhone SE and my iPads, so I don't need to carry both types of EarPods.

5. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

6. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    I've been using wireless headphones for quite some time now, so no problems here. Wireless is the way to go!

7. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

Thankfully I've been living in a personal Bluetooth bubble since 2014 (Beats Studio Wireless, LG Tone Ultra, Bluetooth in my new car, Bluetooth sound bar at home, etc.) so the removal of the headphone jack hasn't hurt me too much. Only annoying thing is sometimes in an Uber or in a friends car that doesn't have Bluetooth capabilities.

Typically those scenarios are few and far between though.

8. Ryan1524 macrumors 68000

Ryan1524

I had the Jaybird X2 from the 6 days, but there is now way I'm letting go of my Shure IEMs.

Love them both.

9. kevinkyoo macrumors 6502a

kevinkyoo

I started using the Jaybird X3's a few days ago. Cheaper than X2, and the convenience factor is way worth it to me.

10. AppleB macrumors 6502

AppleB

My dongle is in the iPhone box. I use Wireless Studio Beats and inexpensive buds. On occasion I use iPhone buds on my iPad Air 2.

11. scotttnz macrumors 6502

I bought some Jabra wireless headphones a few weeks ago in preparation. My iPhone still hasn't arrived though :(

12. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

Got myself a sennheiser momentum wireless 2.0 while I had my 6S Plus, before the rumor of the removal of the audio jack were even a thing, love them :)

sennheiser_momentum_web_2_1.jpg

13. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Switched About 5 years ago.

After the first set of BT headphones I could never feel right with wires.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Been using wireless for two years now. On the ear Bose for walking around and their latest noise canceling over the ear unit for riding the diesel mower, blowing or just relaxing. Would never go back to wired headsets.

15. AppleRobert macrumors 603

The Audeze Sine look very interesting, best benefits of that set is for IPhones. 24bit audio and it has a lightning connector for use as a bypass for its dac. Unfortunately not wireless though.

16. ATEspo macrumors regular

ATEspo

I got myself one pair of BT headphones, (JayBirds) and I can't stand the short battery life.
    I am hunting a good pair of over-the-ear BT headphones with long battery life...

17. Mr.C macrumors 601

Got the same ones too. Happy with them overall although they can be a bit on the bulky side when commuting and travelling.

18. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

Will completely say bye to wired once the BeatsX release

19. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

Once you go wireless, it's hard to go back. Ok, I lied. For general daily stuff, wireless is the way to go. I still have favorite wired headphones like my senns but I don't really use them on my phone.

20. fatalogic macrumors regular

fatalogic

I've been using wireless for about 2 years now but I still prefer wired unless I'm working out. Although now more and more sets are coming out with quick charging it probably won't be as bad. I think I'm going to wait for some BT 5.0 headphones to come out with USB -C.

21. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I got some decently cheap but nice wireless headphones Mixcder shareme 5's. They are around 50 bucks and actually sound really good for the money, nice wireless connection and the battery life has been really nice also.

I would like to get come V-MODA Crossfade wireless soon, but I will probably try out the Beats X as something a little more portable and to try out the W1 chip.

22. cube macrumors G5

23. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

If you use more than 1 set of normal headphones in different places it can be annoying. I leave mine plugged into my QC25s for now, but am thinking of moving it to my car's 3.5mm jack since I have BT headphones and don't really need to use the QC25.

24. OC513 macrumors 6502

One of the major issues I have with wireless is that I dont use my headphones that often so when I do I am afraid they wont be charged when I need them most. I will live with the dongle for now knowing my headphones will ALWAYS work.

25. AppleRobert macrumors 603

JBL Everest 300BT can be had on sale at times for $100 at Best Buy. They meet your criteria.