I hate to flog a dead horse but...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickchallis92, Mar 4, 2012.

1. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

I see a lot of anti-flash posts on many apple-related websites for the obvious reason that people defend their purchases.

But I've never really understood this view. I own a samsung galaxy S2 which is starting to age now, yet if you load up flash in the browser, it seems to do absolutely no harm to the speed of the handset in general, You can still flick around websites as if it wasn't there. Similarly, someone I know has the new transformer prime and it doesn't seem to have any issues whatsoever. In fact, I was shown it streaming BBC1 live and it didn't stutter whatsoever.

Kind regards

Confused of California.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

adobe it's self has decided mobile flash is dead. oh and they blame the iphone :eek: it's not coming to iphone skyfire and cloud browser are the closest.. if it's that big of a deal stick with android. (NEXT)

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This.

I'm confused by all the posts this week by people claiming they understand Flash better than Adobe does. I'm pretty sure they tried everything they knew before pulling the plug on it.

4. JAT macrumors 603

I started hating flash in 1997. Kinda predates my 2011 purchase of a smartphone.

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

That pretty much is key. Niether Windows Phone nor iOS supports or will support flash. It is kind of sad in some ways because for tablets flash is pretty nice. Phones not so much.

Adobe knows with out either Microsoft or Apple's support in mobile that flash is dead in the water in the mobile space. Adobe knows if they only work on what will be 1 out of the 3 big mobile os that flash is dead. Adobe is playing it smart be not forcing the issue but instead they are focusing on the move to html5 which is not quite ready to be a full time replacement for flash. It will be in the future.

6. thenerdal macrumors 65816

Flash is dead because Adobe wants to focus on HTML5.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

This.

Flash is an old technology that Adobe pretty much screwed up since they bought it from Macromedia.

Now Adobe has been focusing on authoring tools to convert Flash to HTML5. There is even a server software to do this now.