I have 1.1.1 Jailbreaked & 1.1.2 firmware on desktop. Now What? (HELP)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by coreanomac, Jan 31, 2008.

1. coreanomac macrumors member

I have 1.1.1 Jailbreaked (with OktoPrep) & I have the 1.1.2 firmware on my desktop. Now What?

I try this and doesn't work:

Proceed to the next step once the firmware file is downloaded.

-Launch Installer and under the “Tweaks (1.1.1)” category, select the “OktoPrep” package, and install it.

-Connect your iPod to your Mac. Go to iTunes.app, and press & hold “OPTION’ and click on the “UPGRADE” button. READ CAREFULLY; it’s Option+UPGRADE (*not* Option+RESTORE, like you did in PART 1 Step 3.4!). Select the 1.1.2 firmware file you just downloaded, and upgrading will proceed automatically without a hitch.

-Your iPod touch has been jailbroken to version 1.1.2!

I want to upgrade to 1.1.2 with the Jailbreak install.

I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks

2. dagored macrumors 65816

# Hold down SHIFT and click the UPDATE (if you hit RESTORE instead Oktoprep will be wiped out and you will have to start all over again) button on iTunes. Navigate to the 1.1.2 (3B48b) Restore firmware and click OK.
    # iTunes will extract, install, and verify the 1.1.2 (3B48b) Restore firmware and your iPod Touch will reboot into 1.1.2 after it is done (the Installer icon will disappear, this is perfectly normal).
    # Once your iPod has rebooted onto 1.1.2, go to iTunes and choose "Setup as a new iPod." Uncheck the box that says sync my media to my iPod now. On the main iPod screen ensure that you also uncheck the box that says something to the effect of "Automatically open iTunes when this iPod is plugged in".

Now-------You must be in iTunes 7.5 for all of this

Open up your folder with the Official Dev Team 1.1.2 Jailbreak in it and run
    Be sure that you check the box to install SSH
    Let the jailbreak run (this will take a while) and when it finally gets done and your iPod reboots you should see an Installer and SSH icon on your iPod Touch and you should be under 1.1.2 firmware.

Very important---

Upgrade the installer. It will ask. Load BSD subsystem.

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I'm guessing you're using iTunes 7.6?

I was unable to get my Touch to 1.1.2 JB'd using my iMac because I made the mistake of updating iTunes last week to 7.6, which kills the OKtoPrep hack. I tried installing iTunes 7.5 again (which also required trashing my Library and reverting to a Time Machine copy from last week, making me lose all of my new additions from the last week or so, which is another story entirely) but when I used iTunes 7.5 I got the 'blah blah 1604' error and was unable to install any firmware ...

In the end I re-upgraded iTunes to 7.6, then used iTunes 7.5 on my WinXP notebook to get back to 1.1.1 and then 1.1.2, JB'd of course. After that, I was able to use the GUI 1.1.3 JB through installer.app and now I'm re-syncing all of my music and stuff (iTunes 7.6, on my Mac), and everything seems to be working fine.

I guess the point is: if you're running iTunes 7.6 on a Mac, you're kind of hosed. I'd suggest using another Mac/PC entirely. I've heard that the beta iNdependence can JB on a Mac even with iTunes 7.6 but I tried it no less than a dozen times and it just didn't work for me. Your best bet, IMHO, is a second computer.

4. coreanomac thread starter macrumors member

So a Second Mac computer and with iTunes 7.5 should work?

(Thanks yall for the hints)...

5. coreanomac thread starter macrumors member

I try to delete iTunes 7.6 and there's something remaining in the Trash that I can't delete it. It says "The operation cannot be completed because the item -itunesHelper- is in use"

How I delete that.

6. superduperjacob macrumors member

Force kill the process iTunesHelper.

7. coreanomac thread starter macrumors member

I went to Activity Monitor and it works.. (Thanks guys)

Now, I downloaded iTunes 7.5, everything OK, but... I connect my iPod Touch and nothing happend. It doesn't recognize it...

Any recomendation?

8. MurphyM macrumors 6502

That's where I am. I really STRUGGLED to get from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1.

Now I'm there, I've run OKtoPrep. And two different Macs won't see the touch. So I can't get back to 1.1.2.

I had installed itunes 7.6 so I had to uninstall and install 7.5 and then 7.4 but neither worked.

Getting ready to try a PC.

UPDATE: Well, at least a PC saw it. But I get error 5 when trying to go from OKTOPREP'd 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. So close....

It's getting weird. Only my G5 will downgrade it. I'm afraid to do anything else with the G5 as it's my only way to get back to 1.1.1 for some reason. A MB and a MBP I have here won't do it.

9. coreanomac thread starter macrumors member

I have iPod T on 1.1.1 with OktoPrep installed

I have iPod1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw on my desktop

What I have to do now to do the 1.1.2 Jailbreak?

10. dagored macrumors 65816

I explained in my post above:

* Connect your iPod Touch to your computer through a USB connection and open up iTunes 7.5.
    * Hold down SHIFT and click the UPDATE (if you hit RESTORE instead Oktoprep will be wiped out and you will have to start all over again) button on iTunes. Navigate to the 1.1.2 (3B48b) Restore firmware and click OK.
    * iTunes will extract, install, and verify the 1.1.2 (3B48b) Restore firmware and your iPod Touch will reboot into 1.1.2 after it is done (the Installer icon will disappear, this is perfectly normal).
    * Once your iPod has rebooted onto 1.1.2, go to iTunes and choose "Setup as a new iPod." Uncheck the box that says sync my media to my iPod now. On the main iPod screen ensure that you also uncheck the box that says something to the effect of "Automatically open iTunes when this iPod is plugged in".

11. MurphyM macrumors 6502