I have 2 MBP and want to get rid of one...what to do

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DIMEZ, Dec 9, 2009.

1. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

So i have 2 MBP models, both are before the unibody. One is a 15'in 2.4ghz 2008 that i bought from apple a week before the unibodies came out. Th other is a 2007 2.2ghz macbook pro. I was thinking on selling the 2.2ghz but was sure what to do. I'm thinking i could get around $850-900 for it right since it's in great condition?

Im a graphic designer and i was wondering if i should buy a
    *refurbish 2.4 unibody
    * a 13in unibody to carry around instead of a 15in

or do i just sell the machine and keep the money for other things since i already have a 15in. I have a desktop already so no need for one.

Feedback and suggestion would be kindly appreciated. Thanks

2. WotanAgain macrumors newbie

3. GeekOFComedy macrumors 6502a

And send you the laptop to put OS 10 on lol.

I'd get rid of the oldest and maybe both and get the highest end 13" Pro as for graphic design if it's just photoshop it's not graphic orientated as it's 2D and would rely on the processor. But need be I suppose sell the old one and get a unibody pro then have the 15" As your work horse.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sell one, and save the money. If you're a graphic designer, you may have issues running photoshop on such a small screen if you opt to get the 13" model

save the money and see what apple does in early 2010 with regards to a laptop. You probably don't want to repeat the mistake of buying a laptop right before apple updates its line (rumored to be early 2010)

5. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

why didn't you exchange/return your first one from apple? sales rep told me there is a 14 days exchange/return policy.

6. DIMEZ thread starter macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

Because it was only $1350 at the time, and i didnt really like the unibodies as much at first...especially with the keyboard. Now they kinda grew on me, thats why i was thinking the 13

7. ricof macrumors member

In response to the Photoshop comment above, I have a 13 inch MBP and use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign daily and I don't really have a problem with the screen size. I ever need to use a bigger screen I go and use the 27inch iMacs in the design studios (im a product design engineering student).

I would wait for the new models and see what specs/prices they are.