I have 4.3.5 jailbroken it wont let me get rid of jailbreak

bludsrevenge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
I have 4.3.5 jailbroken it wont let me get rid of jailbreak. i want to update ios to 5, but no matter what i try it wont let me do this anyone know how i can upgrade

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
I have 4.3.5 jailbroken it wont let me get rid of jailbreak. i want to update ios to 5, but no matter what i try it wont let me do this anyone know how i can upgrade
Just hook your phone to ITunes, hit upgrade. It will upgrade our phone to 5.0.1 and will erase the jailbreak as well. Unless you have a 3GS with an iPad baseband.

Ksizzle9

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2011
if you have used tiny umbrella you may want to open it and make sure that your phone isnt connecting to cydia's servers.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Doesn't always work this easy. I wish it did.
If you don't need to preserve the phone baseband, upgrade/restore it thru iTunes will erase the jailbreak. That the reason why there are so many accidental upgrade after a new firmware release issue that loose the jailbreak.

If you understand it differently. Would you care to share?

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
It's NEVER been as simple as connecting to itunes and "upgrading" if your phone is currently Jailbroken , sorry. You have to edit your Host file, save the Host File and REBOOT........then try upgrading using the correct IPSW file.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
It's NEVER been as simple as connecting to itunes and "upgrading" if your phone is currently Jailbroken , sorry. You have to edit your Host file, save the Host File and REBOOT........then try upgrading using the correct IPSW file.
When you upgrading to current firmware Apple currently signs, you can just upgrading it thru itune.

If you want to restore/upgrade to a firmware Apple is no longer signing, and you have blob for it, then you will have to go thru hoop to make sure you have TSS server running etc....

I am not sure where the issue is since I have upgrade so many phones/iPads to the latest firmware before jailbreak them with the latest redsn0w 0.9.10b3. :rolleyes:

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
When you upgrading to current firmware Apple currently signs, you can just upgrading it thru itune.

If you want to restore/upgrade to a firmware Apple is no longer signing, and you have blob for it, then you will have to go thru hoop to make sure you have TSS server running etc....

I am not sure where the issue is since I have upgrade so many phones/iPads to the latest firmware before jailbreak them with the latest redsn0w 0.9.10b3. :rolleyes:
Updating/restoring jailbroken iphones can be a pain, especially when you only do it once every year or two, and forget the steps.

If a phone hasn't been jailbroken, it's a piece of cake.

Basically, it isn't always as easy as you may think it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.