I have 4.3.5 jailbroken it wont let me get rid of jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bludsrevenge, Jan 15, 2012.

1. bludsrevenge macrumors newbie

I have 4.3.5 jailbroken it wont let me get rid of jailbreak. i want to update ios to 5, but no matter what i try it wont let me do this anyone know how i can upgrade

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Just hook your phone to ITunes, hit upgrade. It will upgrade our phone to 5.0.1 and will erase the jailbreak as well. Unless you have a 3GS with an iPad baseband.

3. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Doesn't always work this easy. I wish it did.

4. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

if you have used tiny umbrella you may want to open it and make sure that your phone isnt connecting to cydia's servers.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you don't need to preserve the phone baseband, upgrade/restore it thru iTunes will erase the jailbreak. That the reason why there are so many accidental upgrade after a new firmware release issue that loose the jailbreak.

If you understand it differently. Would you care to share?

6. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

It's NEVER been as simple as connecting to itunes and "upgrading" if your phone is currently Jailbroken , sorry. You have to edit your Host file, save the Host File and REBOOT........then try upgrading using the correct IPSW file.

7. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

This #

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

When you upgrading to current firmware Apple currently signs, you can just upgrading it thru itune.

If you want to restore/upgrade to a firmware Apple is no longer signing, and you have blob for it, then you will have to go thru hoop to make sure you have TSS server running etc....

I am not sure where the issue is since I have upgrade so many phones/iPads to the latest firmware before jailbreak them with the latest redsn0w 0.9.10b3. :rolleyes:

9. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Updating/restoring jailbroken iphones can be a pain, especially when you only do it once every year or two, and forget the steps.

If a phone hasn't been jailbroken, it's a piece of cake.

Basically, it isn't always as easy as you may think it is.