i have a 1000w sub that i want to use and i am kind of a audio noob

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WRXface, May 11, 2011.

  1. WRXface macrumors regular

    Aug 6, 2008
    ok my friend gave his 100w to hold since his car is in car heaven right now.

    and i am setting up my garage as a home gym and i was wondering what do i need to make it work. i know i need a amp but what else do i need ? help!

    Attached Files:

  2. chown33 macrumors 604

    Aug 9, 2009
    descending into the Maelström
  3. paolo- macrumors 6502a

    Aug 24, 2008
    A cross-over, it will prevent the higher frequencies from being played by the speakers. Actually, you would also want one for your other speaker, just the inverse, no bass coming out of the other ones. I can't really think of anything else.
  4. squeeks macrumors 68040


    Jun 19, 2007
    you need a home theater sub, because unless that sub is in a car it will sound like crap.

    Car subs are designed to use the entire car to help amplify the volume, it might thump a bit, but you will spend more on an amp to push it then you would on a decent home theater sub.

Share This Page