I have a bad feeling about the NK summit

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Jun 11, 2018.

1. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

As you all know I'm a Trump supporter, but I'm going to be honest. I think initially it will go well and Trump will charm KJU, but I think a later tweet by POTUS, or a comment made by one of his staff on a TV interview will completely derail the talks. I'll cross my fingers in hope that Trump doesn't make a reckless comment, or tweet after successful talks. Advice to Trump, if you get an agreement please **** on twitter and tell your advisers to please not go on FOX and gloat about it.

2. chown33 macrumors 604

My money is on Giuliani saying or tweeting something stupid. Or was he left bound and gagged in a disused wing of the White House when Trump left?

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

That's funny. I'm a Trump hater and I have a good feeling about it. Trump already cancelled it once, right? And tweeted some crap about Kim, who wanted to do it anyway. I think, hope, that this could be a turning point in world history and I don't mean that lightly. Forget about no nukes in N Korean (which is a big deal) but if Trump removes sanctions, that means more business in and out of N. K. That means little by little, more western products come in and more western ideas come in. People will learn that most of the world is well fed, happy and free. And that's how democracy is born.

4. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

It does not matter what happens. It will be promoted as a success, and Trump will win his Nobel Prize as predicted/expected. Not much else will change in my opinion.

If he is successful and does come up with a solution that sticks, I will be the first in line to congratulate him.

5. rafark, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018

rafark macrumors 6502a

rafark

If he couldn't get along well with trudeau and the g7 alies, what can one expect from a meeting with an 'enemy'?

6. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

He seems to have a soft spot for dictators though. I'm sure they'll get along just fine.

7. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

This is going to be 1000 times better than the Iran deal..... Guaranteed

8. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

Ha. It has to be, because I heard today that the Iran deal got rid of 97% of their nuclear material and he claimed it was a bad deal. Trump will have to do better to meet his own benchmark.

9. appleisking macrumors 6502a

You know if you stop supporting him you’ll be a lot less disappointed. :p;):)

10. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Why nothing could go wrong. :D

Serous then Trump will find a way to screw it up. He’s doing an interview with Hannity right after the meeting. Lord only knows what he’ll say in that interview that his State department and senior advisors will be cringing over.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

12. blackfox, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018

blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I hope there is a (a) arm-wrestling contest, (b) dick-measuring contest (metric), or (c) discussion of hairstyle choices. In reality, Kim already has what he wants (mostly), and with Trumps recent behavior at the G7 Conference - has an easy out if he chooses to reneg on any agreement.

13. chown33 macrumors 604

For Chemistry, because they'll get along so well.

14. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Bravo. Perhaps physics as well for advancing the understanding of quantum entanglement.

15. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Exactly. :cool:

[​IMG]

16. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

17. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

If nothing comes of it except positive future communication and possibilities, it’s a win. You really can’t expect an agreement to end all nuclear production in just one meeting. Relationships have to be built, trust has to be gained.

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

As long as Trump is ready to leave the table at any moment it should be fine.

19. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

I hope Trump does pull it off. I just have concerns that these two will end up butting heads over some asinine nonsense that puts the whole thing in jeopardy.

20. raqball macrumors 68000

A sack filled with dog poo would be better than the Iran deal. The benchmark is LOW.... LOL

21. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Explain. Is an exit strategy paramount in negotiating tactics?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 11, 2018 ---
    Remind me why the Iran deal =/< dog poo...

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

It's paramount to not coming out of it with a **** deal like Iran.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

Well he's tweeting like a teen without spell check

20180611_193750.jpeg