I have a bad feeling about the stock of the 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Italianblend, Sep 17, 2013.

?

What is your personal gut feeling about launch stock numbers of the 5S?

1. Plentiful stock: apple will have plenty of stock on hand to handle demand of the launch day

20 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Ample stock: apple stores can accommodate early shoppers; many online orders shipping right away

84 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Low stock: very limited numbers of phones available in store and long ship times for online orders

170 vote(s)
    59.0%
  4. None of these poll options represent my feelings; what a horrible poll :)

14 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Just a few days away and it's just a personal feeling, but I have a bad feeling about the actual stock that will be available of the 5S. At first, I took the lack of pre-orders as a sign that apple will have ample stock for th launch, but I'm starting to switch sides. What is your personal guess about the stock at launch day?

2. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Id say ship times budge about 6 hours in with online orders.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wasn't there a report a while ago that Apple getting the new phone made in quantities? If so this is a good reason why pre-orders were not an option this time.

I suspect inventory will be tight

4. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Got that feeling, too!

Worst is they may only have limited numbers of the most desired like 64gb models. It is really going gto tick people off if this is true:mad:

5. Guidwicz macrumors member

Here in Australia will be really quite..I hope! Read some articles and there's lots of people complaining about the price!

I just fear from the Japanese's! :D

6. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

7. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I believe Apple will have ample to plenty of stock at their stores. I also don't think demand will be as great as it was with the 5 as that was Apple's first phone with LTE and for people who don't care about specs I'd think they would have gone to the 5 already.

8. ajaxmonkey macrumors member

ajaxmonkey

I'm hoping target lets us know about the 5s Thursday night.

9. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

I'm in the camp that plenty will be around. I feel Apple did not do pre- orders because they felt it would take away from the marketing hype on launch day. They love to boost how many they sold on launch day. This generates more excitement for people to buy basically a slightly nicer version of the 5 which the demand will be lower. Many already went to the 5 and maybe skipping this launch. Plus many of us are stuck in the middle of our carrier contracts it will cost the early upgrade extra cost of 250 dollars which may not sit well with many folks.

10. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I think they are going to be hard to get. I'm on the fence, so I'm going to let the stock situation be my sign to get it or not. I'll check Best Buy and AT&T at lunch, then I'll hit the Apple store on the way home.

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I think it'll be better then it had been in the past, but I'm sure it'll be sold out in some places.

It's not the largest upgrade ever and Apple's had some time to nail down quite a bit of the manufacturing process(for at least the exterior)

Still the CPU is something new, so that might hurt their ability to mass produce it as quickly as they need to

12. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Unfortunately, I agree.

Get in line quick, otherwise order online right at 12:01am or expect to wait a few weeks.

13. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I'm going to do what I do every year and that is get up at 3am and place my order. So far I've had zero problems with ordering through AT&T. I won't get it on the 20th but that's OK. I have a 5 and that's waiting to be sold to a friend as soon as I get my 5s.

14. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Ouch, it looks like most of us think it will be a tight stock!

15. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

This is why (unlike last year) I am in no rush. Once I read here at MacRumors that the ip5s is easily had I will proceed with buying one...32gb at&t silver. I was at the computer like 5-6 nights in a row last year before I got my ip5 16gb at&t white and was all stressed over it. NOT WORTH IT IMHO.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm going to swim against the tide and say that there will be ample stock.

17. blue rocket macrumors 6502

blue rocket

listen, Apple would not allow it for in store pick up only if they had very limited numbers. There's no way they'd allow people to wait in line for hours only to run out of supply within a few hours, you know how many people would be pissed off? That only hurts Apple and their reputation -- maybe 3rd party retailers will have low stock (like VZW and ATT stores), but I have to assume Apple stores will be stocked to the hills.

18. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I really just wish that we had facts, so that I could decide whether or not to order online that morning, or waltz into an apple store that evening and pick one up.

Given apple's past launches, I'm just not comfortable enough waiting until the evening that day, so I think I'm just going to order online and wait a week for shipping.

19. billycuth macrumors 6502a

20. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

21. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Damn it. I'm so conflicted.

Order online and wait the few days? Wait in front of my AT&T store roughly 30 minutes before they open?

I'll be pissed if I get to work and see no one is outside and they are loaded. The reverse is of course waiting weeks to secure my model of choice.

22. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Go to bed earlier the night before and wake up earlier. Better than waiting a while to get the phone.

23. HM Apple macrumors member

24. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Right. I just hope I don't do all that just to find out they have 2 of each model (or something like that) and then know my sure thing is gone for good (ordering online).

Is this your plan?

25. carelesswhisper macrumors member

This is unsettling. I hope there's a chance it's not true. I really wish I knew about how many the carrier stores will get.