I have a buyer on ebay for my 3gs but need help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blasius01, Jun 25, 2010.

1. blasius01 macrumors newbie

I have a buyer on ebay for my 3gs but need help. He bought it now for 350.00 but he lives in Azerbaijan Republic. How would I sell my phone safely ??? Also (of course) he wants in jail broken.

Do i just forget him and try selling it again or is there a way to sell over seas safely ??

Thanks so much

2. wishman35 macrumors regular

Unless the buyer has an account with some history, sent you a legit PayPal payment that has shown up in your account already, and is talking to you in a non google translator tone .. maybe.

But i would probably assume to go with someone else, and for god sakes everyone please just set your damn auctions to NO international bidding. It makes your life ALOT easier.

Even if you do get lucky and get someone from maybe Europe it is still too difficult to deal with them, they don't speak good english and if they have any issues it is hard to deal with

Sacrifice the extra few dollars you make and sell it domestic

3. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

I've done international sales on my Iphone 3G and the whole time I was worried. Eventually everything was fine, but I told myself I wouldnt do it anymore and just wasnt worth the risk. The reason for is Paypal cannot have confirmed addresses internationally and as a seller that is very important because thats your only protection. When you sell a phone on Ebay, the best form of payment is Paypal. When you use Paypal, as a seller to be protected from fraud. Your buyer must be registered with Paypal and a VERIFIED BUYER and also the address where you ship it must be a CONFIRMED ADDRESS. If you mail to any other address and for some reason the transaction was fraud the whole time, guess whose out? YOU!!!!

Basically if I were you, I would not sell it to that person. Keep it within the states and follow the instructions I told you/ Paypal requres! Good Luck. Resell it on Ebay and make sure you have a verified buyer and mail it to a confirmed address only, anything else DO NOT SHIP OR SELL!

Oh yeah, shipping is not cheap either.

4. blasius01 thread starter macrumors newbie

will it hurt my ebay feedback by just re listing ???

5. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

Did you mention no international sales? Either way, its not worth it. I just told you PAYPAL cannot confirm international addresses. Which takes away all protections as a seller. Its a huge risk and just isnt worth it. Just tell the buyer you changed your mind on doing a international sale. You didn't realize the risk involved in it. Go ahead and relist and make sure on the options that international sales are not allowed.

6. blasius01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok i did realist it....Is eBay going to charge me for the "buy it now" even though i really didn't sell it???

7. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

Did you do a relisting option or did you completely do a new one?