I have a clean install of Lion and it is still buggy - Poll

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by whitedragon101, Jan 29, 2012.

?

Is your clean install (or new machine) of Lion Buggy?

Poll closed Feb 12, 2012.
  1. Yes - Still Buggy

18 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. No - It works fast and smoothly. No problems

23 vote(s)
    56.1%
  1. whitedragon101 macrumors 6502a

As a litmus test of how Lion is doing I thought I would post this poll.

As upgrading users seem to have the most issues i thought I would sidestep that by only polling for new machines or clean installs.

2. Mopar macrumors member

Two clean installs now - one from a supplied 10.7.1 USB stick and the other a direct 10.7.2 online reinstall. Still encountering the same bugs and the OS has now frozen on me on three separate occasions requiring a reboot on each occasion.

3. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

God only knows, those that have upgraded, what they may have done to the system, or what software (Old or new titles) they have on that is giving them some fits.

I have a new system, new keyboard/External DVD drive, and monitor, with Lion pre-installed, and have done a clean install later on with only applications that have been tested for Lion, and no issues what so ever to report. Would be interesting to know what software/hardware those that are having issues, that are on the system which may or may not be problematic.

4. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

I don't experience bugginess, but it is indeed slower than SL. I also find that my MBP runs cooler on SL than Lion.

That said, I am enjoying some of the features of Lion and plan to stick with it. We are only at 10.7.2 which was released 3 months ago. I think we should be seeing some improvements soon.

I should pop that last dev preview of 10.7.3 and see how things are....

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Lion for me has been incredibly stable and fast. I did a clean install and have 8gb of ram. I think the combination of the two are the reasons why I've not had any problems (knocks on wood).

6. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Ditto here. When I used it, nary a hiccup regarding stability.

Actually, I've never experienced 99% of the issues I see here with any version of OSX and I'm a heavy user.

7. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

Gotten better after 10.7.2 clean install but sleep/wake still takes long time and once in a while WiFi is suddenly turned off and won't turn on without reboot.

8. daneoni, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012

daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Agreed. After the initial Spotlight indexing it's been blazing fast for the most part. ALso love that my fans don't go apish*t when i watch 720p Flash videos like they did in SL.

9. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

I've got 4 systems running Lion that were upgraded from Snow Leopard. The only issues have been slow bootup, which was caused by an aborted network login, and sleep problems (insomnia). 10.7.2 solved both problems. A clean install wouldn't have solved either, at least I wouldn't have expected it to do so.

There are some minor nits, but no "show stoppers". I actually had the most problems with the Tiger->Leopard upgrade that killed all my local networking!

The general advice of "never install a .0 release" still holds true. :)

10. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

11. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

MBP came with lion, did one clean install after installing 2nd ssd, no problems. always ran smoothly and occasional freeze from going to sleep or something simple, but that is no big deal to me coming from windows:rolleyes: