I have a couple questions regarding the reduced rate suspend plan for the iphone. (Pa

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 88888888, Aug 3, 2010.

1. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

I'm going to be out of the country and I was wondering if it was possible to use the wifi function of the iphone without reactivating the phone and thus unsuspending the plan. I called a customer service representative and he said that I wouldn't be able to use the wi-fi function when I'm abroad or else it would reactivate my plan. I don't see how this would matter since I won't be making/receiving any calls from my iphone 3g. I just wan't to be able to use the wi-fi. Do you guys think it would matter? And do you think it would be possible to unlock and jailbreak my phone while its under the reduced suspend plan and use it in Europe? Thanks.

2. FlashHead macrumors regular

Absolute nonsense. Here's an experiment, take the sim out of the phone...
    Tada! Wifi still works.

Here's another, change the APN on the phone and pop in an iPad sim, still works.

I don't know about using foreign sims in the phone, but the wifi will absolutely work and will have nothing to do with your suspended plan.

I called AT&T about international travel and suspending and got three different answers. Ihad to do my own research. I leave Friday,will cancel my contract on Saturday and will use the iPhone in Asia while I'm there through the end of the year.

3. PUCCY macrumors regular

Flash, are u breaking the contract? are u moving permanently ? will u pay a fee?