I have a DVD and I lost the case, I bought a new case and...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by grosslyclever, Jul 2, 2009.

1. grosslyclever macrumors member

I bought a DVD, but I lost the case. I bought very slim cases by Memorex. There is a "pocket" in front of the case and I want to put in my own picture. I tried to print out a picture to put inside the "pocket", however it didn't print out the right size to fit.

How can I resize the picture so it can fit perfectly inside the case?

Thanks!
    - GC

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

For this I would normally use Adobe Photoshop's Image Size menu option. But that program is quite pricey.

If you are looking for a free alternative you can use GIMP. Then use the Scale Image menu option to resize the print size. Please note that the linked article has you change the Pixel dimensions. Changing the number of pixels is useful for onscreen viewing, web uploads and email.

Since you are printing instead change the Print Size & Display Unit. This way you will not only get the picture to print to the appropriate size but print quality will increase if you make the picture smaller.

When you change the print size. Decreasing the print size should increase the DPI while increasing the print size will decrease the DPI. For a good quality photo print you ideally want at least 300dpi. In the print options you should also choose best when printing.