I have a feeling tommorrow is gonna be BIG!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by egeek84, Sep 8, 2014.

1. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

I don't know, I just think we're in for some HUGE announcements! Anyone else kinda getting that vibe?!

2. iWallace26 macrumors regular

3. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

4. mojito macrumors member

I think Apple is going to announce that they have updates on existing products and they'll make billions of dollars when they're released. They're going to be essentially the same product with more "current" sizing, interface, apps, and functionality. If they were announcing a cure for some awful disease or social inequality, I'd be very excited. But it'll just be some products.

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Apple really needs to hit the ball out of the park so the average consensus isn't one of BLAH. They've hyped this thing so much more than normal keynotes.. I really hope they have something special to show us.

Part of me is hoping for a complete surprise.. Apple television, something..

:apple:

6. Mac Wolf macrumors member

I really do feel the phone is gonna be a home run. In 17 hours we'll know...

7. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

I'm excited too. But to say apple has hyped this thing so much isn't true. It's US, the media, forums, many leaks who have.

8. cnotes2019 Suspended

A triple maybe. Not a home run. Jeter!!!!! One more year!!!

9. Jstuts5797 macrumors 6502a

I agree. I've been discussing this with my friend here for about a year now. Apple has had something up their sleeve that no one has even considered yet. I've smelled it all over them for over a year now. I think this announcement tomorrow may be it. No clue what it could be, but I smell something epic along the lines of the first iphone announcement.

10. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

11. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

They came up with the cure for my 2 year old iPhone 5.

12. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

13. Mars Is Waiting macrumors member

Mars Is Waiting

14. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

You guys are worse than a toddler before Christmas. Full of hope for magical gifts and full of tears when your expectations are replaced with reality. ;)

15. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Debbie downer!!

16. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

It is considered a big deal when Apple changes the iPhone significantly. The iPhone literally is Apple's bread and butter and this is the most recognized Apple product in the world. It has been 4 years since we have had a redesigned iPhone, so the excitement is justifiable.
    Of course we will also get the iwallet and ihealth announcements, but the icing on the cake will be iHome linked products and/or an iWatch announcement. There is a lot to be anxious for tomorrow. I'm glad I'll be at home to watch the streamed event.

17. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Of course it's going to be big, this is Apple we're talking about.

:rolleyes:

18. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Four years? The 5 was a redesign in 2012, 2 years ago.

19. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Stretching a phone .49" is not a redesign. Sorry. The 4, 4S, 5 and 5S are damn near identical in appearance. Easy to mistake one for the other at first glance.
    No one will mistake the 6 for a 4 or 5. It is a complete redesign. That is what I am getting at.

20. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

i wonder after the announcement when will ios8 be ready for download.

21. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

It wasn't only stretched. Bigger screen (a huge change), thinner, different dimensions, different materials/colors. They are similar, but it is a redesign.

If anyone mistakes a 4 for a 5, they would mistake a many phones. Just because Jo Blow who knows little about tech can't tell them apart doesn't mean they are basically the same.

Attached Files:

22. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Apples hype machine specializes in big.

"Magical & Revolutionary" was the original iPad hype, now as sales taper off the magic has evaporated.

Only Apple can get the response they do to mere words.

23. mjschabow macrumors 65816

24. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

… You're ignoring that the back of the iPhone 5 was different. And with your logic, adding approx. half an inch to the iPhone 6 still isn't a redesign, as it wasn't to you before. And furthering that logic, the back of the 6 has simply swapped the glass windows with metal ones, which is even less of a redesign than the 5 was to the 4… yet somehow the 6 looks very different than the iPhone 4. Even though nothing changed between the devices. ;)

Edit: Sarcasm intended.

25. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron