I have a flawless Black iPhone 5, should I swap for a White?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spazma7ik, Sep 28, 2012.

1. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I'm heavily debating it after this whole black/scuffgate ordeal (as I'm sure many others are doing or considering).

I have a genius bar appointment today in a few hours and want to hear the opinions from people who have gone through something similar or just any advice in general would help. My phone doesn't have a scratch on it yet, however I'd prefer it to remain scuff free.

Thoughts?

2. CanadaEh macrumors regular

How about you put on a case instead of swapping to a new iPhone that could potentially have scufs straight out the box? :confused:

3. JDAM macrumors newbie

4. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

Just keep it. For the first time ever, the black one looks the best.

5. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

If your iPhone is flawless, you're in the lucky group. Don't press your luck. :)

FWIW, I'm in the lucky group, too. :cool:

6. Arelunde, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Is there anything actually wrong with your phone that you're wanting to exchange it for? If no, then swapping is a bad idea.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

My own black iP5 came with flawless metal housing, although I didn't think the fit and finish where the glass strips at top and bottom meet the aluminum body is as good as it should be. On the other hand, my mother's black iP5 which arrived today was full of nicks and scratches out of the box. Not too concerned as my sister is an Apple store manager so I'll probably have her swap it out a few months from now once they've worked out the QC issues.

It's like playing Russian roulette at this point so if your black iP5 is flawless it's a keeper!

9. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

The black is sleek and looks way better than the white in my own opinion.
    Put a case on it if you're afraid of scratches on the back. Take a look at this case from ebay that keeps the slim form factor of the iPhone without messing with its design. It's cheap too!

http://bit.ly/BlackiPhone5Case

10. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

I have an appointment tomorrow as well....but mine has minor imperfections as shown in the pic. Im wondering if I should just stick with it after reading all these replacements are bad:eek:

Attached Files:

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Obviously not all are bad, but it's crapshoot at this point and this applies to white models as well.

12. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

If you like the black one more, just stick with it. I like the white more, and went with white. My dad got a black one, and there are a few small nicks. He's just going to live with it.

13. nostresshere macrumors 68030

can anyone even believe this was posted?

Talk about third world problems!?

14. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Ok let's talk about third world problems. You start.

If you're gonna mock someone using a tired cliche, at least get the cliche right.

To the OP, did you seriously make a Genius Bar appt solely to decide on which color to buy? Have you ANY respect for your fellow human?