I have a great idea. Lets drive a bus full of schoolkids through stormy weather.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by niuniu, Mar 31, 2010.

1. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Check any news channel on Sunday through to today and you had warnings of an Arctic weather blast going to heavily hit Scotland. Girlfriend cancels her dinner with some friends further north for this evening and I planned, as are many others in this area to make best of the snow.

Point being of course we all know that the weather is going to be bad and to plan around it.

Except we all don't - not this school anyway. They think it's a good idea to drive a bus full of kids through stormy weather, on a bus, along bridges and narrow country roads.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8596164.stm

I had my rugby school trip to France cancelled when I was a boy because of heavy rain. That was planned for months, and was for a competition. Not just a trip to hit up a few rollercoasters. I would be livid for the rest of my days if my kid was on that bus. In fact, I would be livid at myself for even letting my kid go in the first place.

2. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

That's the kicker right there. The school was dumb for allowing it, the bus driver really can't be blamed (doing a job), and the parents are in truth, the most to blame. They should of done like you suggested and checked the weather and planned accordingly. I guess maybe they wanted a break from the kiddos; unfortunately one parent or parents will have a life-long one. :(

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

When do parents plan out school field trips? :confused:

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

They could keep their kids home. :rolleyes: