I have a Logitech EX-110 keyboard kicking around, get an Apple keyboard or no?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by maclover001, Sep 18, 2008.

1. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

Hi,
    I have a Logitech EX-110 keyboard. Like almost everything else in this house, I have no clue where it came from.

Will this be fine for my MacBook-with-external-display setup, or should I get a real Apple keyboard? Pros and cons?

I want to get an Apple keyboard just so everything looks more "Apple-y", but if they are both the same in terms of functionality, is it worth it?

My main concern is how does the Command and Option keys work? Windows=Option and Alt=Command?

I'm also asking the same question for my generic optical mouse versus a Mighty Mouse.

Thanks!! :D

2. Shownarou macrumors regular

As far as functionality, everything will work fine. Personally, I use an apple wired keyboard and a Razer optical mouse. The apple keyboards are amazing. Just my personal opinion though.

3. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

This reply from someone using a generic no-name mouse and a Chicony Excel (who?) keyboard, both cheap and both made for Win. They work just fine. I actually prefer keyboards made for Win, and Apple peripherals are too expensive. There've been a significant number of complaints on forums about the Apple mighty mouse.

Some keyboard adjustments to be made:
    Windows key is Command
    Alt key is Option
    F12 (held down) is Optical disk eject
    F12 (pressed) is Dashboard
    Scroll Lock is F14 (dim screen)
    Pause is F15 (brighten screen)
    You should try out all the Logitech keys to see what they do eg. volume control etc.

When you first hook up the Logitech, you'll be prompted to press the ? key so OS X can apply the correct ASCII characters.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

They work fine in terms of functionality. Although the Apple keyboards look nicer and slimmer. But if you don't care about looks, it's perfectly fine. And in the defense of the Mighty Mouse, I use it and have no problems. I have cleaned it only once, and that was a few months usage. Great mouse.