I have a weird question about the BNP.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by TSE, Jun 16, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Okay, so here it is. I had a dream last night. I moved to Britain, and a month after I moved, the BNP took power and I was thrown in a concentration camp. I woke up shortly after.

So say the BNP DID in fact take power, and I did live there. I am a white American, would they have a problem with me? What if they found out about my ethnicity since I am 25% Yugoslavian?

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I don't know but I'm a white American living in Britain and I don't feel threatened by them as of yet. They're unlikely to get too far in politics here. I imagine they only got those MEP seats because of low voter turn-out due to wide-spread despondence over political matters. I hope more people turn up next time to vote to prevent scum like that from getting in.

Unless you are planning on emigrating, I don't think they care. Your travelling dollars are welcomed, I'm sure.

3. remmy macrumors 6502a

It would be impossible for them to get power as during a general election they can only try to get elected in a few seats for parliament, targeting and stirring up hatred in areas were there are already difficult race relations.

If they did get into power I would move, probably not a great place to live, they would not know how to run a country.

4. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Interesting question. Because you're white probably not but who knows? What about the Irish?

5. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

The BNP are equal opportunity haters, they hate everybody who isn't English...

Oh the irony of belonging to such a mongrel race, they really just end up hating themselves.

6. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

I suppose. Officially though don't they "accept" white Europeans?

7. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

I'm white South African living in the UK and as far as I can make out I'm acceptable to the BNP types but I've never met one to find out for sure (not that I'm losing any sleep over this).

The irony is that because I supported the anti-apartheid movement in my homeland I was unacceptable to those of a BNP mindset there. I guess you just can't pick your enemies.

8. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I seem to remember reading, I think it was a piece from their manifesto or something, that they're okay with northern Europeans – as long as they're of a white persuasion, of course. Which is terribly decent of them, really.

9. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Era they'd soon object to the Paddies if they moved in next door!

10. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Whilst on the surface they accept the Irish hence absurd things like this:

There would be a permanent standing invitation for Eire to join the pan-British
    parliament as an equal partner. It would be a matter for the citizens of each of the
    British nations to decide for themselves if they wished for the reigning head of the
    House of Windsor to be their Head of State, but he or she would not be head of the
    pan-British parliament, thereby making it realistic to hope that the Irish would find it
    possible to rejoin the British Family of Nations, taking their rightful place side-by-side
    with the representatives of England, Scotland, Wales and Ulster, and ending for ever
    the Brothers’ War which has been our Achilles Heel, tragedy and shame since our
    Masters set us at each others’ throats generations ago
    From their 2005 manifesto

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=419957

This is more like their internal views:

Never known for having much sense, the British National Party's Peter 'Sid' Williamson is now hitting out at the Irish. Williamson, a hardline Nazi, was welcomed into the British National Party after a personal meeting with Nick Griffin. Since then he has toned down his more outrageous outbursts on the Nazi 'Vanguard News Network' forum, the UK section of which he moderated, until being sacked a few days ago. He even deleted hundreds of his posts, celebrating the Holocaust, supporting the Brixton Bomber, and basically hitting out at anyone who didn't have a lily-coloured skin to match his lily-liver - though even the Poles came in for some stick (along with the Jews of course.) Williamson really is a raving mad bigot! Now, he is hitting out at the Irish, posting: " "those pig thick ****in Oirish bastards, talk about stupid, they starved coz there was no spuds! Closest thing in the white world to a ****** is a spud munching thick ****ing Paddy.". This is the real face of the BNP, behind Griffin's oily smile, sit raving fascists like Sid Williamson.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/leedsbradford/2006/12/357645.html?c=on

All those years on troops out marchs resulted in many confrontations with the NF who are essentially the same people as the BNP.

11. remmy macrumors 6502a

With people like that they would hate you if you objected to their view no matter what ethnicity they consider you to be. All of us would be worried.

12. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

I wonder if they would let multi-racial families stay in the country, if either the husband or wife is of white British Origin? The more you think about it, the more ridiculous it gets. Ive even seen the leader Nick Griffin on national TV getting slightly confused about this whole subject when pressed on it.

13. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

In the absence of a foreigner to abuse, your standard BNP member will turn on people from other parts of the country, then on other parts of their own city, and eventually on people that went to a different school...:rolleyes:

They have a need to hate someone, it really doesn't matter who. Immigrants are an easy target for them and clearly an easy issue to raise support over.

Ask a BNP member what they think about the French, Al Murray's Francophobe Landlord is partly based on the Little englander racist landlord stereotype.

14. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Indeed. Once they've kicked the non-whites out (sorry, repatriated them), then no doubt white foreigners would be the next target – I imagine eastern Europeans would be high on the list, seeing as so many of them are here 'taking our jobs' and all that nonsense.

WinterMute is quite correct, if a significant part of your policy is based on hate and xenophobia then these sentiments aren't going to vanish easily. Once groups such as blacks, Muslims and Jews were out of the equation, their attention will turn on others 'closer to home'.

One of the dafter suggestions from them is the withdrawal of British forces from Iraq and Afghanistan (which is fair enough), but these soldiers would then be garrisoned at key ports to help prevent undesirable foreigners sneaking in. I can imagine the army welcoming the order to patrol Dover shooting any unarmed civilians who didn't have a Kentish accent. :rolleyes: