I have already paid HALF of what they said I would pay in two years with my iPhone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Foamer, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Foamer macrumors regular

2. threezero macrumors 6502

if you didnt use the minutes you shouldn't be charge for it. You should have complain complain and complain when your first bill comes. When you willingly over pay 2 bills you kind of lose your case against at&t. :( But keep on complaining, remember there is always someone higher up than the person you are talking to.

3. Foamer thread starter macrumors regular

I also just noticed they are counting many night and weekend calls as daytime minutes.

I can only call certain people at night (after 10pm) due to their jobs, and these calls are being counted as daytime calls and have daytime time stamps on them for some reason.

I am really beginning to think that AT&T is a total scam and that this iPhone was not worth it at all.

4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

I hate to say this, but you're the only one I've see having this problem, so instead of complaining to us, you should go into a physical AT&T store and discuss the problem with them, bill in hand.

You're not going to solve your problem on this forum.

And quite frankly, if you've been paying these over-charges for months... well I think that kinda speaks for itself.

5. Twenty5 macrumors regular

that is exactly why i switched to a pay as you go plan.... just for texting though... because I text more than i use my iPhone to call people. Right now, im just paying 20 dollars per month. Before, when i used to have a contract with At&t i paid approximately 2xx per month....

I dont even need a media package, since where i am WiFi is available most of the time...

No tax, no "government fees", no more BS for me to deal with...

6. Foamer thread starter macrumors regular

At first I thought it was all the new account crap., and then I didnt really notice it (I noticed it, but it wasn't a slap in the face until I REALLY started watching my minutes and realizing the scam they are pulling) since I had it set up to auto-pay my bill every month.

I have called them three separate times, and each time failed. They keep insisting that I used those minutes. I am going to try once more tomorrow, and then contact my aunt (a lawyer) and get her advice.

This is getting totally rediculous.

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Have you looked at your itemized bill? Looked at each phone number that they listed there that you called? Also, have you cleared your recent call list? If you're thinking this is a scam, then you better have facts on your end to back it up. That's why each month you get an itemized bill. Check your numbers that you called with what's on your bill. If you cleared your recent call list, you're screwed.

Second, did you turn off data roaming? If you haven't, your bill is probably as it should be, because you got charged for it. Other than that, it really can't be a scam, if everyone else has a cheap to decent bill each month.. :rolleyes:

BL.

8. chuxdaddy macrumors member

chuxdaddy

fcc

I would keep complaing to ATT about the minutes being charged for and also file a report with the FCC and BBB, better business bureau. Make other agencies aware of the problems that you are having.

9. markgamber macrumors 6502

Seriously. AT&T is a lot of things but "moral" and "upstanding" aren't two of them. They're scumbags. If you don't fix the problem, no one ever will.

10. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

you will have better luck going into a physical att store and talking to a sales rep (preferably the one you purchased your phone from) than you will calling the support.

11. Foamer thread starter macrumors regular

Purchased it from the Apple Store, but will be going to the local AT&T store tomorrow to see what they have to say...

12. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Sounds to me like your problem is with AT&T and not the iPhone!

13. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

bring your aunt too :p

14. Inukami macrumors 6502

Before i canceled my contract i looked at my minutes and a lot of them were used up. I don't know how thats possible when i probably only made a call for 2minutes once a week out of that 2 month period when on contract. So yeah they are a big time scammers -.-

15. Requiemm macrumors regular

Wow, I must be really lucky that those scammers have missed me. Our bill for 2 3G iPhones and a 3rd line on a normal phone has been averaging about $160 a month after the first month. We have the share 1400 minute plan and these are our only phones, i.e. no land line.

I am a fairly constant internet user and txt a ton too. We do get a 24% discount due to my wife's work but I'm really glad those scammers have missed me.

:cool:

16. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Maybe your phone is making these calls for you. What's your lock time set at? My wife's phone when in her purse sometimes calls me without her knowing. when I answer I get to listen to her talking to a cashier or something of the sort...I lock my phone when done out of habit every time....but if you don't do so that COULD explain the 1 min short calls - something hits the screen, calls, something hits end. I dunno just a thought.

17. DigMe macrumors 6502

I've known several people who have had similar billing issues with AT&T.

18. SmartIndianKid macrumors regular

SmartIndianKid

This makes the most sense. The phone enters the bag/pocket, something hits the screen and it dials a recent number.

19. iblastoff macrumors 6502

HIGHLY unlikely considering the iphone touchscreen can generally only be used by fingers or specially made styluses.

and $325+/month for SEVERAL months? grow a pair and get it figured out already. thats just ludicrous.

20. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Sorry, but you have been overpaying BIG TIME! You NEED to complain or nothing will be done. $325 for the first bill is ridiculous. I paid $200 the first month for 2 iPhone's and 2 additional phone lines, as well as $30 Unlimited Family Texting Plan. I do have a 25% discount, but that's still not even close! WOW did you get screwed! Get some help, quick!

21. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

It could be some sort of glitch in the iphone itself. The OP should definitely do a full restore on his phone, just in case.

But I definitely agree that, as the above poster said, you should "grow a pair." You have an aunt who's a lawyer, and you waited several months and over a thousand dollars of over-charges before you called her?

Here's what you should do:

First, collect all the documentation you have. Make sure you have physical copies of all your bills, so you can show all the charges you didn't make.

Go into the physical at&t store closest to you and ask to speak to the manager about it. If that doesn't work, go to another at&t store. Never trust that anyone in a call center will do anything. If you demand to speak to a manager in a call center, they'll just shuffle you off to another call center employee who will also give you the runaround. Store managers are more accountable to their customers, so they may be more helpful, if it's in their power to help.

If that still doesn't produce results, inform the store manager that you will be contacting a lawyer. Inform him that if customer service won't solve the problem then you will be forced to go to court to sort it out. Do this in a matter-of-fact but firm manner; don't get angry and threatening, because that just makes people defensive. Ask for a full copy of the service contract, as well as copies of all of AT&T written policies on billings, over-time minutes, and billing disputes. Also ask for a copy of the customer service manual.

It's also a good idea to document the time and date of every contact you have with AT&T. Just write down a note of the date and time, the name of the person you speak to, and the result. Write down the store number (and address) of the store you go to, as well as the name of anyone you speak to, especially the manager. Make sure they see you writing this stuff down.

22. Inukami macrumors 6502

Yeah okay like its going to hit the home button, magically unlock itself(which is hard as hell to do in a pocket), and while its at it hit a few more buttons to make a call(which btw the phone goes back in lock mode after 1minute of nothing)... so VERY UNLIKELY.

23. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

All that I can say is: "YES! AND I AGREE TOTALLY! DO EXACTLY THIS!"

24. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

There is something fishy here....

I have been an AT&T customer for over five years, with the smallest post-paid plan that they have. We have three lines, with data and only 450 shared minutes. We don't talk much on the phone and have never been over-charged.

You get an itemized bill to prevent them from doing things like you're claiming. There is either something wrong with your phone, or your math skills.

25. Foamer thread starter macrumors regular