I have an 8gb ipod touch 3g and just used blackra1n rc2 on it, help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by rickywh, Dec 14, 2009.

1. rickywh macrumors newbie

I just used the latest blackra1n rc2 on my ipod touch 3g, when it rebooted, i notice cydia wasn't on the dashboard...

in the past, cydia was always installed automatically whenever i jailbreaked an ipod touch or iphone, please help

i want it installed so I can get all the cool stuff

ricky

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

there should be another icon on your springboard, open that, select either cydia, installer, or sompthing else, then the installer you chose should be on your springboard (may require a restart)

3. rickywh thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, ok gotcha and it worked great, thanks!. I actually opened that icon up once already but since I didn't have my wifi setup, it didn't show anything at all so that's how I got stuck on that.

as for the installous app, it's asking for the answer to some strange question before using it? i wouldn't know the answer to that, do you?

ricky

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

i dont think it really matters. i chose both. if you are curious, i recommend you to look on youtube videos because this site doesn't support third party sources for your apps :D

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

from past experience, i would recommend cydia, it really has become the defacto installer, but experiment, thats what the funs about!