I have an early 2011 13" MBP, wanting to upgrade to the 15"...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ReidStylez, Nov 6, 2011.

1. ReidStylez macrumors member

...do you think because of the late 2011 refresh they'll hold off till at least mid 2012 to refresh them again? I'm worried about selling my 13" now and buying a late 2011 15" and they release a refreshed one in early 2012.

2. Evenire macrumors newbie

It won't be until Q2 that they release a refresh. But if you went through life not buying anything for fear it will be outdated in a few months you would never buy anything. :p

I doubt they will be any noticeable changes to asthetics anyway. They could remove the DVD drive and use SSD but I HIGHLY doubt it. And there won't be blu ray as Jobs regarded them as outdated. So updates will most likely be hardware and in my opinion the current hardware will last a good 5 years before the system starts to struggle on more demanding software.

Oh and Im sure allot of people will disagree; go for the 1440x900 resolution. The 1050p makes text way to small and having to zoom all the time was a pain; I have good eyesight btw. I say this because I assume this is the reason you are upgrading from 13 to 15?

3. ReidStylez thread starter macrumors member

Honestly it's the more real estate that makes me want to update to the 15" Plus I'm using my MBP for home and mobile use now instead of just mobile.