I have an idea on how we can make Trump more Presidential

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Jun 29, 2017.

1. darksithpro, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017

darksithpro macrumors regular

So, he hates criticism, especially stuff that in his mind is untrue. He's also a counter-puncher and fights fire with fire. So I was thinking, lets give him constructive criticism so he behaves more appropriately. Like putting stars on the fridge for your kids. My idea is a "daily Presidential meter". We'll even give him the benefit of doubt by going full presidential at the start of the day. If he makes it through the day without tweeting something ridiculous, or attacking someone personally he gets a star, if he does badly and the meter goes below 50% he gets a big red X. What say you guys? The meter would be based on some type of polling.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

YOU know he would fail the minute he wakes up & starts tweeting stupidity, right?

3. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

He would complain about how unfair the rating system is or that it's rigged.
    Donald is Donald. Nothing will ever change that.
    He's like my 7 year old who thinks throwing a tantrum will suddenly make things go her way.
    At least she realizes when it's not working and gives up.

4. chown33 macrumors 604

1. This should be a poll.
    2. "Tape his thumbs together" should be on it.

5. darksithpro, Jun 29, 2017

darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

Could you imagine if the Washington Post and the NYT did this? LOL. Trust me, if they gave him stars when he behaved he would love it and be encouraged.

6. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

This is the best way to start getting him to be more presidential:

IMG_3685.JPG

7. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

Well that's not likely to happen. But if we encourage him, it just might work.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I still like the dummy twitter account idea. Let him tweet away and have him think people can see it. Ok let Hannity see it too so he can report back.

9. darksithpro, Jun 29, 2017

darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

lol.

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

You are kidding, right?

Donald Trump is not going to change his behavior. It is only going to get worse. Because sooner or later a real crisis is going to come along, and Trump is going to blow it. I could go into great detail as to why he will blow it, but I think I'd be wasting my time.

The only positive thing that could, maybe, happen, is for someone to tell Trump to stop Tweeting. Maybe it will be Mattis or McMaster. Maybe it will be his wife or his kids. Maybe Twitter will get sold and shut down. But all of those things are unlikely. And so Donald Trump is going to continue to pour his reckless bigotry and foolishness onto Twitter every morning. And with every Tweet he'll lose another few hundred thousand supporters, and his agenda will become so hopelessly lost, he'll become an irrelevant laughingstock.

Trump was a spiteful, ignorant, psychopath before he got elected. People who either didn't see that, or are kidding themselves it's going to change - are in for a great deal of disappointment.

11. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

How do you make pigs fly?

This will never happen because he's just not presidential material.... He would be better suited in waste management or as a errant boy for a wise guy.

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 2.54.16 PM.png

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Give him a medium rare - rare steak should toughen him up. Take away his ketchup as well.

13. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

good lord! just image the angry tweets that follow the loss of his ketchup! :D

14. samcraig macrumors P6

The most Presidential Trump will ever be is when Disney finally finishes his robot at the Hall of Presidents and he's on a pre-approved loop speaking for at most 2-3 minutes.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I think Disney has a Disney constitutional crisis on it's hands. How do they put a figure of a guy who talks about grabbing P and where women bleed from in a park with massive attendance by children including many many little girls? How do they square that circle?

I don't think even the most shady carnival would celebrate and promote a carny who said such things publicly, so not sure how Disney can.

16. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

You know, I figured the first post of this thread was going to be two words...."Shoot him".

But, then, all of the rednecks with the guns are Trump supporters after all. *sigh*

Such a simple, inexpensive solution to a HUGE ...or should I say UUUUUGE cluster*#$@! of a problem.

Ok...vented....feel better...back to the other forums. :)

17. samcraig macrumors P6

The argument would be that if they can have Clinton there who was impeached and who also has an affair as part of the attraction...

18. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Or we can keep feeding him **** and watch his heart explode.

19. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Well,well.....making mr trump more "presidential"? No way,if you don't mean turning him into a dictator.
    From our European point of view,all we got to say about this king of faked news and rumours is,that you should blame all the Americans that actually brought him to power. In a democracy,the people get the leaders the majority of them deserve.

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

So in short, treat him like the delicate snowflakes that you have railed against in previous threads?

Do we really want to go down the double standard route again?

BL.

21. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Maybe we should coddle him and rock him to sleep at night. There, there, tiny hands, the big, bad boogie media man won't get you in your sleep.

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Thanks to our electoral college system, we actually get the prez and vice prez that a majority of people in some (variable) combination of states figure that we deserve.

But we all do get to party down or fume or rage against fate or whatever for four years while plotting a different outcome next time around. So far we still seem generally to prefer ballots to bullets as a way of making the choice. I hope we keep it that way!

23. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I think the biggest problem right now is that the party mechanism is being used to vet candidates for the presidency. People can complain all they like about the vetting system that the Democrats used, but the Republicans allowed a brainless, incompetent panderer to become their representative.

The existence of Trump as president sits squarely on the shoulders of the Republican Party and the RNC. They should be held to account for their behavior; if possible, an entirely new conservative party would be nice to see, one that goes back to the ideas of good government that their think tanks used to espouse decades ago...

24. Peace, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017

Peace macrumors Core

Peace

25. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

That's the problem, if he doesn't like it, regardless of the facts, he deems it untrue. That's not how the world works, not liking something doesn't make it untrue. Calling people names is not fighting fire with fire, it's acting like a child. He's 71, he is responsible for his actions, he needs to act his age. Though I like your thinking, we should start a campaign to send Trump star stickers to put on his desk. Maybe Bannon can whisper in his ear how much of a super star he is everything Trump is given a star to put on his desk. Maybe that will help.