Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fantom555

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
New York City
i have the ipad 2 and i was thinking to add another tablet just to play around with anyway which one should i buy?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Don't bother it's painful!

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
I've tried the Galaxy tab 7", Xoom and used the playbook heavily so far... all of them suck.

I haven't tried the Galaxy tab 10" or the touch pad yet... though I can't imagine a better experience. What really sells the iPad is the availabiliy of the apps.

A computer without anything to do on it is just as good as a door stop.

Gabe3

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2009
I'd give the touchpad a try if honeycomb tablets don't interest you.

ronaldmcdonald

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2011
I would wait till next year when Windows 8 tablets are out, then get something similar to the Eee pad transformer with the keyboard dock that folds up like a laptop.

Something like that, which would work as a laptop/tablet hybrid would be really great IMO.

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
If I'm carrying around a keyboard, dock, and a tablet I'm just gonna buy a MacBook air for travel

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
i have the ipad 2 and i was thinking to add another tablet just to play around with anyway which one should i buy?

How would we know? What is it you want to do with it? Why isn't the iPad meeting your needs? Which ones have you looked at? Do you like blue or red?

Only you can know what you should buy. I wouldn't dream of asking strangers what computer to buy. I might say, "hey I'm thinking of buying widget x - I need it to do y - in your opinion does it do that well" but to just say - what should I buy, heck - buy one of each till you find what YOU like.

Virgo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Some people can't justify even having just an iPad.. I definitely couldn't justify having more than one tablet! O_O I feel gadget-cluttered as it is, so I'm selling my nook and nintendo ds. I like having few things but things that I love, they feel more valuable that way.

Do you miss flash that much?

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
If you want to get some work done, consider the Asus Transformer and its keyboard/battery dock.
If you want a light, thin android tablet consider the Galaxy 10.1.
If you multitask alot, consider the HP Touchpad webOS tablet.
If you don't mind thick and appreciate full sized USB and HDMI ports consider the Acer Iconia or Toshiba Thrive.

There ya go.

Last edited:

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Like the OP, I also contemplated whether to get another just for fun.

But I have played around with some of the current tablets and frankly....none are worth my money or time, imo

As others have said, I would wait a year or so until the tablets get to Version 2.0

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
If you want to get some work done, consider the Asus Transformer and its keyboard/battery dock.
If you want a light, thin android tablet consider the Galaxy 10.1.
If you multitask alot, consider the HP Touchpad webOS tablet.
If you don't mind thick and appreciate full sized USB and HDMI ports consider the Acer Iconia or Toshiba Thrive.

There ya go.

Now that the jailbreak is out for the iPad2, there is no reason to get another tablet. My eyes have seen the light to what the iPad can really be and it is now more amazing than ever. Now I'm looking to see if I can dual boot the iPad. If I coud boot into Honeycomb or iOS, that would be truly magical. :p

I can buy wireless keyboards, charging docks, USB and HDMI dongles for the iPad, but iOS and the new jb makes the iPad 2 the only real choice... IMO. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.