i have an ipad 2 & i am thinking of getting another tablet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by msarway, Jul 7, 2011.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

i have the ipad 2 and i was thinking to add another tablet just to play around with anyway which one should i buy?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Don't bother it's painful!

3. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I've tried the Galaxy tab 7", Xoom and used the playbook heavily so far... all of them suck.

I haven't tried the Galaxy tab 10" or the touch pad yet... though I can't imagine a better experience. What really sells the iPad is the availabiliy of the apps.

A computer without anything to do on it is just as good as a door stop.

4. Gabe3 macrumors newbie

I'd give the touchpad a try if honeycomb tablets don't interest you.

5. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I just bought a Galaxy Tab 10. Super nice screen but that is about it for me. Back to my ipad

6. ronaldmcdonald macrumors member

I would wait till next year when Windows 8 tablets are out, then get something similar to the Eee pad transformer with the keyboard dock that folds up like a laptop.

Something like that, which would work as a laptop/tablet hybrid would be really great IMO.

7. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

If I'm carrying around a keyboard, dock, and a tablet I'm just gonna buy a MacBook air for travel

8. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

How would we know? What is it you want to do with it? Why isn't the iPad meeting your needs? Which ones have you looked at? Do you like blue or red?

Only you can know what you should buy. I wouldn't dream of asking strangers what computer to buy. I might say, "hey I'm thinking of buying widget x - I need it to do y - in your opinion does it do that well" but to just say - what should I buy, heck - buy one of each till you find what YOU like.

9. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

Some people can't justify even having just an iPad.. I definitely couldn't justify having more than one tablet! O_O I feel gadget-cluttered as it is, so I'm selling my nook and nintendo ds. I like having few things but things that I love, they feel more valuable that way.

Do you miss flash that much?

10. 4DThinker, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011

4DThinker macrumors 68020

If you want to get some work done, consider the Asus Transformer and its keyboard/battery dock.
    If you want a light, thin android tablet consider the Galaxy 10.1.
    If you multitask alot, consider the HP Touchpad webOS tablet.
    If you don't mind thick and appreciate full sized USB and HDMI ports consider the Acer Iconia or Toshiba Thrive.

There ya go.

11. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Spare it and wait for iPad 3 or whatever the name will be.

If you really want another one now: maybe look for the HP.

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Like the OP, I also contemplated whether to get another just for fun.

But I have played around with some of the current tablets and frankly....none are worth my money or time, imo

As others have said, I would wait a year or so until the tablets get to Version 2.0

13. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Now that the jailbreak is out for the iPad2, there is no reason to get another tablet. My eyes have seen the light to what the iPad can really be and it is now more amazing than ever. Now I'm looking to see if I can dual boot the iPad. If I coud boot into Honeycomb or iOS, that would be truly magical. :p

I can buy wireless keyboards, charging docks, USB and HDMI dongles for the iPad, but iOS and the new jb makes the iPad 2 the only real choice... IMO. :D

14. jacobson00 macrumors member

15. msarway thread starter macrumors 6502

msarway

I do that anyway, I was just thinking about it. I just wanted to see if there was one other tablet that was above all. For me iPad 2 is the best.