I have an iPhone 5 and carrier problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Muscle Master, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Muscle Master, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013

Muscle Master macrumors 6502a

Muscle Master

So here's the deal, I have a Sprint iPhone 5 with applecare+ and I have a line on my cousins family plan.. due to some complications that couldn't be helped, she can no longer afford to pay the bill, so.. my plan is to move to sprint and start a line myself... here's the rub. Sprint blacklists the ESN's of all lines to the account until the account goes into collections and thats like a 2-3 month process

I think there's a way out of this... my phone is currently damaged (cracked screen and battery issue, and that overheating screen pops up once in awhile) and when I go pay the $60 fee to have it replaced... i got a brand new refurbished phone.. with a brand new esn... and apple always ask me.. do I want it activated.. I shall tell them no and I'm in the green

would this work?

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yeah if they don't activate it then the ESN is still clean.

3. Muscle Master thread starter macrumors 6502a

Muscle Master

would apple give me an unlocked version or a tmobile version of the iphone 5 is I ask

4. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

Most likely not but you might be able to ask them when he is turning on phone for first time, if he could choose Verizon instead of sprint because that would factory unlock the phone. But you will only get hspa in reframed areas on the 1900 band, no LTE or hspa on 1700/2100

5. Muscle Master thread starter macrumors 6502a

Muscle Master

Thanks guys...

Hspa 1900... That's mainly tmobile bands rite?

6. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

No, tmobile main hspa+ band is 1700/2100(aws), 1900(pcs) is tmobile 2g and secondary hspa+ network. Tmobiles pcs network sucks and is pretty spotty at this point. Tmobiles aws hspa is slot better