Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
I have an iphone 5, however I want to upgrade it for an iphone 5C because I just LOVE the way it looks and feels! This will also give me an opportunity to upgrade from a 16 to 32GB.

What do you guys think? Little bit strange that somebody wants to upgrade his phone to the same phone?

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
I have an iphone 5, however I want to upgrade it for an iphone 5C because I just LOVE the way it looks and feels! This will also give me an opportunity to upgrade from a 16 to 32GB.

What do you guys think? Little bit strange that somebody wants to upgrade his phone to the same phone?

A little strange but understandable ;)

I wouldn't do it personally (I'd rather just get a case for the 5 that mimics the look and feel of the 5c) but hey if you've got money to burn why not?

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
A little strange but understandable ;)

I wouldn't do it personally (I'd rather just get a case for the 5 that mimics the look and feel of the 5c) but hey if you've got money to burn why not?

Well, it would give me an additional 16GB of space plus the 4G speeds. I guess it would make sense to get the 5S but it is a lot more expensive compared to the 5C on contract.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
Well, it would give me an additional 16GB of space plus the 4G speeds. I guess it would make sense to get the 5S but it is a lot more expensive compared to the 5C on contract.

Not sure what you mean about "giving you 4g speeds" since the iPhone 5 already gets 4g HSPA+ and 4G LTE :confused:

Could you explain this a little more?

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Not sure what you mean about "giving you 4g speeds" since the iPhone 5 already gets 4g HSPA+ and 4G LTE :confused:

Could you explain this a little more?

Sure, in the UK we have different plans for different networks. I have a 3G plan because I got the iPhone 5 before 4G hit the UK. Now we finally have 4G, we need to upgrade to a new contract in order to gain the 4G network speeds.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

they both have LTE so I think your area might not be covered yet.

----------

Sure, in the UK we have different plans for different networks. I have a 3G plan because I got the iPhone 5 before 4G hit the UK. Now we finally have 4G, we need to upgrade to a new contract in order to gain the 4G network speeds.

ah ok, got it...

Also, the 32 5C costs the same as the 16 5S ;)

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
they both have LTE so I think your area might not be covered yet.

----------

ah ok, got it...

Also, the 32 5C costs the same as the 16 5S ;)

I was actually gonna buy the 32 5C, but it does seem more logical to get the 5S upon further thinking.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013

Wow, so even though your phone is capable of 4g your carrier won't allow it? That's sucky :(

Are you sure it's not just that you don't have 4g in your area yet? Or that you might need a new 4g sim card?

If not then it might be worth it depending on how much you value 4g.

For me I know everyone gushes about 4g "OMG da speedz! 20mbps!!!" but for me I'm fine with even just 2-3mbps 3G. It's not like it makes a world of difference. So it loads a page 2 seconds faster on 4g, not a big deal for me personally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.