I have bought Iphon4 no logic board

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yerbol84, Nov 13, 2011.

1. yerbol84 macrumors newbie

I have bought Iphon4 no logic board on ebay.com.
    And now i want to buy logic board... Tell me please is it possible to combine them together? I want working iphone 4.

Which problems will be?
    Maybe smb did it before?

Any suggestions will be appreciated...

2. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Sorry but if you bought an iPhone 4 without logic board without even checking if separate logic boards were available, you almost deserve to have a non-working phone.

I can't answer your question but next time do your research beforehand.

3. LTMK macrumors member

Did the seller tell you the iPhone 4 comes without the logic board... it doesn't make sense to get a iPhone 4 w/o logic board ...

if he is cheating you, just request for a refund... and actually you can always ask for a refund if you change your mind

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Sell it on eBay and go buy an iPhone. Too expensive?

Don't worry the cost of your phone plan will greatly exceed the cost of a new iPhone.

5. DryEyez macrumors 6502

Did you know it would come without a logic board?

6. yerbol84 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. DryEyez macrumors 6502

I'm afraid I don't know, I rather say that than give you false information, but I do wonder why you paid 200 dollars for the iPhone 4 without logic board? Why not just say, pay 300 dollars and have a working one ready to go

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

Too many variables to really give you a definite answer to your question. Technically it should be possible, but you should have a lot of concerns you should have addressed before spending money on anything.

First among them is when buying an iphone4 without a logic board, how will you guarantee that a new logic board won't be fried when connected to the rest of the phone. Second is when buying a logic board, how do you guarantee it is working when you buy it?

Third, and most important, is where are you buying the logic board from?

9. gtmac macrumors 6502a

10. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

That's hilarious that you bought the phone without checking if you could get the spare parts LOL. Nice plan, batman.

11. yerbol84 thread starter macrumors newbie

so i asked to the seller
    hello, i had bought from you about 1 month ago.
    I have question
    if i buy a logic board for iphone 4, will it work with complete body of iphone 4? If i put logic board into my item, will it work? i want working iphone 4.
    Did u do it before? maybe somebody did?

so he replied

yes, we do it all the time....

so techncal i think it is possible

P.S. Smb wrote about 300$ iphone 4... i did not find iphone 4 for this price!

12. shotts56 macrumors 6502

Of courses he's going to say that!

Dearie me, if I told you to jump in the River Clyde, would you do that as well?

13. parish macrumors 65816

parish

I'll bet that if you do find a working logic board then it will be disproportionately expensive meaning that your phone will end up costing you more than buying a complete phone.

Also, it is the logic board that gets locked to a carrier so if you buy a random one and it's locked, how will you get it unlocked?

14. richarddwyer10 macrumors newbie

15. psonice macrumors 6502a

Do you also need to buy the battery, camera modules, and all the other bits? Sounds like a crazy way to buy a phone to me, these things are super delicate, one small mistake can cost a big pile of cash!

16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Well for the $300 you are far from having a iPhone. It really needs this logic board to be one. I agree with the others and it would be best to save a few bucks and buy the real thing with all the parts.

17. Jaaay macrumors member

are people that stupid?

if an iphone repairs company is selling just a shell, when they obviously have the means to make it into a working phone (and would make way more by doing this and then selling it), doesn't that shout out at you that something's up?

and who buys stuff like this without doing the relevant research first??

18. PaulyD macrumors 6502

yerbol84

19. DryEyez macrumors 6502

I wish you luck, keep us updated if you do manage it, I have a sneaky feeling you would have been better just buying a second hand iPhone though