I have had an offer for £600 for my macbook pro... should i sell???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by anim8or, Oct 12, 2008.

1. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

I have had an offer for £600 for my macbook pro.

Specs are as follows

2.16Ghz Processor
    15" Matte Display
    120Gb Hard Drive
    2Gb RAM
    Superdrive Disc Drive (CD/DVD-RW +RW, etc)
    Bluetooth
    Airport Extreme Card (Wireless)
    ATI Radeon X1600 256 Mb Graphics

Mac2Sell website says £680 is the value of the laptop but i know with the new models coming out soon that the price will likely drop should i sell???

2. Pixellated macrumors 65816

I think it is worth at least 650, seeing as PowerBooks are going for £400.

3. ascender macrumors 68000

Also check on eBay to see what similar machines are going for. The new models coming out may have an effect on values, but there will still be a large market out there for 2nd hand machines.

Also, you'd be surprised how much some Macs go for on eBay 2nd hand. I've sold a few on there in recent times which have gone for significantly more money than I'd hoped for or than the guides had said.

4. andrew.clarke macrumors newbie

What web site are you selling it on? I have a 2.4 C2D 4GB RAM HI RES GLOSSY for sale and I have no idea what it is worth now or where is best to sell it.

Thanks.

5. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

I am selling it on gumtree edinburgh...

The site that gave me the estimate value is called mac2sell.net

You enter the specs and it give s you the estimate, i have no idea where it gets the figure from but they seem pretty accurate to me!

6. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

So i sold the MBP.... i am currently reformatting, etc for the new owner.

Took the £600. The last thing i sold was my G5 iMac and i sold i the day of the release of the aluminium ones, the buyer took his time paying for that one and it made me all too nervous so i am glad i got this one sold relatively easily.

Hopefully the new notebooks will come with a lower starting price.... im hoping for a 13" MBP....

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

aww why didn't you sell this when I was shopping for a new macbook? I spend 1400 USD on it or around 900 USD for MBP.... well sell it now before the notebook event. Prices for old mbps/mbs will take a big drop. like the stock market. (couldn't resist :D)

rumor has it that the macbooks (not pro) will be $800. Either that or 800 is the price of a new line of notebook which is unlikely..