I have iOS 4.0 GM, Can I revert to 3.1.3 on my 3GS so I can re-JB\unlock??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bella92108, Jun 21, 2010.

1. bella92108 macrumors 68000

If this has been answered, sorry, I searched and couldn't find.

I got a 3GS 2 weeks ago, so it came with 3.1.3 and the latest baseband, etc. I jailbroke 3.1.3 with Spirit, so my SHSH is on file with Saurek... I upgraded to the iOS 4.0 GM when it came out. I'm curious if I can now use this method to revert to 3.1.3 and re-JB and then unlock with today's new tools:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7556

Is this method applicable to my situation, or am I stuck and have to wait for a 4.0 jailbreak and unlock?

2. wolfgang666 macrumors regular

u can go bak to 3.1.3 but u wil be stuck with the new baseband 5.13
    u can JB after reverting bak by using spirit and i believe untrasn0w 0.93 can unlock any baseband...

although i would suggest to wait for d new tools to JB and unlock iOS 4.0 on 3GS...

3. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Okay, but if that can potentially be months, there's no downside to going back to 3.1.3 and jailbreaking and unlocking if I need unlocking right? I mean it's unlock by downgrading vs no unlock at the present if I stay on 4.0, right?

Also, since I JB'd last time with spirit, do i need to use spirit again, or should i use a different method then ultrasnow?

4. wolfgang666 macrumors regular

u can definitly do dat...u can use spirit again since its d easiest way i hav seen to JB or any others then u can use untrasn0w to unlock...

i kinda hav the feelin dat the JB tools wil b out sooner than later since the new baseband is already unlocked, it wont b long for the JB to arrive...

5. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

You can def downgrade to 3.1.3 jailbrake and unlock...I did

6. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

I kinda agree, since on the dev team's site it list today's announcement as "Update #1:" which is usually followed by 4-5 updates soon to follow, lol. On the flipside, since there are a few known bugs in the 4.0 release, maybe they're expecting Apple to respond quickly and are approaching with caution? Who knows.

Wonder if due to necessity for unlock, if the iPhone 4 will be able to take a 3.1.3 to unlock until the 4.0 comes out?

7. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Thats a very interesting question:eek:

8. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

I keep getting the 1015 error when done restoring 3.1.3 and it just stays in DFU mode... suggestions?

9. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Download blackra1n and put it in this folder C:/ Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Apple/Apple Aplication support. Then run it and it will take your phone off DFU mode and you'll be all set. Also if your on itunes 9.2 you need to uninstall it and re-install itunes 9.1. Spirit wont work with itunes 9.2

10. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

I am a MAC user. Not windows. How would I accomplish the same on my mac?

Also, I can't unsinstall and reinstall my iTunes because iTunes already upgraded my library

11. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Search the forums its all the same. Find the Apple Aplication Support folder on your mac and put blackra1n in there and execute. ..Just remove the library file and itunes 9.1 will open. Then you can reinstall 9.2 and put the library file back in.....Its a long process but its what you'll have to do now...Unless you just go back to 4.0....Trying to help bud

12. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

I ended up just using windows and spirit through there, since I didn't install 9.2 for windows... only thing I got annoyed is i had the issue of my previous backup from this evening disappeared, so i had to start from new. not sure how i can recover it. only thing lost was the photos on the camera roll, guess they're gone. least it's unlocked now ...

13. irwinm macrumors member

I went through this exercise tonight (had 3.1.3 JB with SHSH on file and upgraded to 4.0 today) - I had already upgraded to iTunes 9.2 as well. I just went back to the 9.1 installer after uninstalling iTunes, but had to move my itunes library out (that had been updated by 9.2) to my desktop, and then have iTunes rebuild my library from those files.

I kept getting the 1015 recovery loop when downgrading to 3.1.3 so had to use iRecovery - but that worked great on first try. I will say that the tinyumbrella tss server was easy to use for the restore to 3.1.3 - I recommend it for those who haven't already upgraded.