I have iPhone from ATT with family plan but want to change it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sagah, Oct 23, 2013.

1. sagah macrumors member

I was looking around in ATT store and really liked the LG Optimus G and wanted to change to that. I guess iPhone is 2 year contract, is there anyway to switch over to Optimus? Or there was a better one that costed $200 with 2 year plan just like the iPhone. the Optimus G costed $100.

I wonder how it works if you want to switch phones in the middle of your contract?

2. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

3. sagah thread starter macrumors member

I did, but I gave up because of its maze of 'if you want this, press this' and going no where.

4. Bowsa2511 macrumors regular

The LG G2 is the fastest Android Smartphone ATM, but in all honesty if you have an upgrade available, you'd be better off purchasing an iPhone 5S of any quantity, selling it at $800+ and then buying the LG G2 Off-contract at like $500-600, and still keep a profit.

5. alent1234 macrumors 603

iphone has reduced discount early upgrade with AT&T, android phones do not. you have to pay full price. or wait till your contract ends and get it on the NEXT program

6. dave420 macrumors 65816

Press 1 to confirm your number, then 0 followed by 0 and you will get a representative.
    Your options will typically include selling your current phone and get a new phone at full price. You may also be able to pay $250 above the standard subsidized price and get a new 2 year contract. Another option if you are on a family plan is to use another person's upgrade to get a phone and switch it to your line.

7. sagah thread starter macrumors member

dad just upgraded so I wanted to change that way but i changed my mind on last minute and then changed my mind back again shortly after but by then, dad was saying, 'you can get one later when you start to earn money' or 'you can get a Kindle for your reading purposes' but I still want the phone, it would enhance the overall all-in-one experience of camera, internet, reading all at once.

It's been only 2 days, could we go back and say that dad wants to change the iPhone 5c he just upgraded to Optimus G?

8. dave420 macrumors 65816

If it has been two days then he can return his phone and get another one. You could then give him your phone. You have up to 14 days to return a new phone. The return policy may differ for closeout items or special promotions.
    Keep in mind the upgrade fee is "not refundable" after 3 days, so you may be stuck with $36 fee again. I use the term non refundable loosely as that fee can often be waved.