I have no idea how to feel about this?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Septembersrain, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

3. samcraig macrumors P6

He's addicted to plastic surgery. I think that's the bigger "issue" that needs to be addressed.

4. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

Yeah. There are a couple Ken and Barbie obsessed people who have got entirely too much plastic surgery. I wonder if there a line that needs to be drawn between being considered mentally ill and just being outside the norm.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Why don't we talk about the boundary between eccentric and mentally ill? Healthy people as a rule don't don't have their genitals removed. ;) It's the type of issue that should be reviewed as in is the man a danger to himself or others? If not, I guess it's ok, his body and all, that is until he wants his arms and legs removed. :rolleyes: ...but are their surgeons who would morally be ok with this? I guess I'm not surprised. :oops:

6. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

There are some doctors who have amputated good limbs before. I think it's called Body Integrity Identity Disorder that causes people to think they should not have limbs, be able to see, etc.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I had no idea this existed. Wow, the human mind is weird.

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Their is a spectrum of what constitutes normal, and societies around the world decide where the boundaries lay between normal and other. :)

9. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

The problem is trying to be “normal” with 24 hour news and internet screaming at you all day makes you mentally ill. The list of things that actually make people happy and unique is getting shorter and shorter by the minute. This guy went the extra mile and might have the only Facebook page “friends” are actually paying attention to.

But first let’s answer the most important question of the decade. Which restroom are they planning to use?

10. edk99 macrumors 6502a

11. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Well....

[​IMG]

12. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

13. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

If he gets his bladder and intestines removed, that will not be an issue :).

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Yep. Didn't the cat man commit suicide a couple years ago?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 2, 2017 ---
    Neither will living. :p

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Having a hard time not snidely tagging this as a "First World Problem".

To each his own but it's sad to see someone end up somehow in thrall to optional plastic surgeries. I mean $50k worth?

Could buy ten thousand people an anti-mosquito bed net each, to keep them from dying of malaria... for me personally, I feel as though that would make me feel better than the temporary rush of having tweaked yet again how my face looks.

Sigh. Every year one of the things I try to give up for Lent is inadvertently being judgmental about stuff that's none of my business. Every year I mess up... this year quicker than ever, apparently. :rolleyes:

16. yaxomoxay, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017

yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Not sure that many societies around the world would classify cutting off limbs and pulling eyes as "normal" ;)

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

...so is he eccentric or mentally ill? :)

18. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

His body, his choice.

I don't see it being that much more crazy than people who cover themselves in tattoos or put enormous gages in their earlobes.

19. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

Haha! Wait. If they want to have no genitals... How would... Oh my gosh.

20. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I'm eating lunch right now so forgive me for not clicking the link.

How should you feel? Sad. Because he's 22, and he has a lot of life left to live and at some point, he's going to really regret this.

21. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

It's definitely a first world problem. I am never very observant of my looks or even really think about my gender honestly.

For me, the world has so much information. I want to absorb as much as possible. From history to technology to futuristic concepts. It's amazing how much there is to learn isn't there? That's not even including the universe around us!

It's why I'm not sure how to feel or to even try to understand when people make these decisions. Yeah, this year has had a lot of really trying moments for everyone.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

meh, I think Michael Jackson beat him to the weirdo stage

23. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

You shouldn't speak ill of the dead!

You're not wrong though.

24. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I have to say this: Since I don't actually like pain, I fail to understand the attraction of tattoos, piercings, or plastic surgery purely for vanity purposes.

Re: Michael Jackson - he was a burn victim, and I suspect his apparent skin tone change was due to cosmetics to cover up the scars, so we do have to be really careful about judging people.

25. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Meh, he's not hurting anybody and I presume he is spending his own money so I don't see any issues. Hopefully he's getting good medical advise and these surgeries aren't going to affect him negatively long term. And the only other aspect is if he has a mental illness, I'm sure he has family and friends who can look out for that.