I have no words for this, except perhaps..."And now for something completely different..."

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JayMysterio, May 16, 2018.

1. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

:eek::eek::eek::eek: This takes customer dissatisfaction to a whole new level...? Lower level?
    https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/woman-furiously-*****-on-floor-of-tim-hortons-throws-i-1826082960
    I actually wanted to title this "And for something completely deficate", but worried some would be offended. :p

What does it take to anger a person so much, they literally completely lose it?

2. jbarley macrumors 68040

jbarley

She probably asked to use the washroom and was told, "paying customers only".

3. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Not black, could not get arrested and use the taxpayer provided service in jail.

4. rafark macrumors 6502a

rafark

5. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Yeah, that was another title idea "Not only in America", but wasn't sure if people would get that. :D

I just absolutely roll when I think of 'furiously crapping', in a public place. That's some serious effort behind that anger. :rolleyes:

6. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

How about "O Canada"o_O We need palmface emoticon.:D

7. 0002378, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018

0002378 Suspended

Almost always, when a person loses it like that, it is not the thing that just happened that causes them to lose it. Rather, what just happened is simply the last straw that broke the camel's back.

Maybe she went through a horrible divorce, lost her job, etc, etc, etc, and then some trivial event in that coffee shop pushed her over the edge. The mental dominos all collapsed and she couldn't hold it back anymore.

This is also because society forces us to withhold emotion and not express it. We are taught, at every turn, not to express ourselves. Imagine living 40, 50, 60 years without expressing emotions ... then, one day, we can't take it anymore, and what happens ... ? All the hurt from years or decades has a cumulative effect on the person and finally finds a channel through which to emerge.

We don't know what that woman has been through, but my guess would be a lot.

Of course, in this particular case, we can't rule out plain old mental illness (likely undiagnosed), but I'm willing to wager that it's not.

8. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Seems like the most likely explanation to me by far. And/or possibly on drugs. Honestly, I feel bad for her, considering she's literally behaving like a non-human animal and is basically insane by definition.

9. 0002378, May 16, 2018

0002378 Suspended

Nah, I don't see it that way. It could be mental illness, but I know, firsthand, how destructive anger, esp. anger that has been suppressed over decades, can be.

There have been times in my own life, when, I suddenly blew up on (yelled at, insulted) a UPS mail employee or something like that ... and later, when I calmed down and analyzed the incident, it occurred to me that my anger had nothing to do with the UPS incident. It was just suppressed anger that found its way to the surface. I'm certainly not mentally ill.

I find that "mental illness" (a loosely defined term to begin with) is far too often scapegoated in cases of deviant behavior. People are quick to label others "mentally ill" when a misdemeanor or crime is committed. But, it is not always true. We underestimate the effects of suppressed anger and hurts - well within the range of normal human experience, which affects everyone to some extent.

For an example that everyone here can relate to, consider a scenario of a very similar nature but not as deviant from "normal behavior". Your partner at home has a habit that bothers the heck out of you, but you haven't managed to resolve the issue. Weeks and months go by, and all that frustration just builds up inside you. Finally, one day, after a horrible day at work, you come home, and you see one more instance of your partner's bad habit, and this time, you just lose it ... and you blow up on your partner. That doesn't mean you're mentally ill. Know what I mean ?

10. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

What you are describing is normal though (yelling, insults etc.). But taking a dump in public, then proceeding to pick up your own feces and throw them at people is something else entirely and leads me to suspect that something's seriously wrong with her that should probably be treated. You can't possibly see that as healthy behavior in any shape or form nor is it in any way within the range of normal human experience.

11. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Who the hell can **** on demand? I swear that’s a talent in and of itself.

12. 0002378, May 16, 2018

0002378 Suspended

I book a solid 10 minute time slot for when I do my business. People know not to expect me out any sooner.
    --- Post Merged, May 16, 2018 ---
    Yes, it is definitely more deviant than yelling in public ... no denying that, but I guess the gray area is how much more deviant ? What would it take an otherwise "normal" person to cross that threshold one fine day and decide to do the same ?

It scares me to think that the answer is ... not much.

She needs help ... for sure. But, I guess my point is that there are a lot of potential walking talking $#!T bombs out there that just haven't been discovered.

13. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Loosen up a bit don't be so anal.I've lived six decades on this planet and have never met a normal person.In fact the closer to normal people appear the weirder in fact they'll be.

14. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

I can hardly go in a public bathroom, let alone in front of people out in the open like that. Unless you want to stand there for 20 minutes while nothing happens. There's a scene on Family Guy where Stewie tries to defecate in a pitcher of orange juice in the midst of filming a commercial to show his disgust for the whole child-acting thing but when he can't do it he says "Well, I can't go with everyone watching, but I'm sure you can appreciate the disrespect I intended!" :p

I think this woman is what those in the medical field call: cuckoo bananas. :confused: There probably weren't many marbles left in the jar before she lost the last few in this incident.

15. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

For most people? I think it would take quite a lot. But **** happens. At which point you're arguably mentally ill though, which isn't intended to sound derogatory. To me, it's like breaking a leg or catching the flu. You're not a healthy human being at that point and deserve all the help you can get.

16. 0002378 Suspended

LOL. I guess my biggest challenge would be the ability to empty my bowels as spontaneously and quickly as that :p

Yes, she needs a lot of help.
    --- Post Merged, May 16, 2018 ---
    How about "Lady loses her $#!T at coffee shop" ?

17. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

Suited-up astronaut? Saturation diver? Think about it.

18. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I'd rather have excrement flung at me than bullets.

19. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

20. 0002378 Suspended

Other way around for me :D

21. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So does this count as cultural appropriation? Are the monkeys OK with this?

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Acting crazy and flinging poo? This woman has a future in the Trump administration.

23. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

You do realize that dung hitting you can't kill you, right?

24. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Well, depending on what diseases this person has, it could possibly kill you, albeit much, much slower.

25. 0002378 Suspended

LOL ... it might just ;)